NZ Left Hand Drive Laws Are Bullship

Page 3 / 3
howie69, Nov 12, 7:08am
I find no issues with any of my LHD cars and can switch to LHD or RHD without any issues. For towing my Chev pickup is great. Plenty power and great vision I really see no reason why the fun police should continue to make it difficult to import. You don't have to like the left hook but more class in the yank vehicles V8 sounds than the ying ying screaming jappas you see on the road. Big bore = small phallic symbol

2get1, Nov 12, 7:49am
and thats the thing the mustang club who started the whole new procedure rules / process with their lobbying,have as a result stuffed it for anyone wanting a late model pickup to tow with, well you can have one but have to blow $20K + to get it converted which makes them unviable on an economic front.

sure you can now bring in limited edition low number cars without having to do the 90 thing, but they always were a minority, most people werent interested in them anyway.

they stuffed what was a perfectly good situation and the 90day thing had giant loopholes in it, and anyone with 1/2 a brain knew how to jump through the loopholes, hell I did many times LOL

pfemstn, Nov 12, 9:40pm
obviously the answer would be to ban all lhd vehicles on nz roads!any vehicle can be converted these days .at a price! i have two usa carsboth converted , only way to go!

2get1, Nov 13, 1:02am
why stuff a perfectly good vehicle, does nothing for the resale value of them theyre not designed for RHD and even tho they get complied theyre still not as good as factory in finish or anything, let alone if you really dug deep and looked at the structure, the impact zones, the air bag system and a whole heap of stuff like that. You stuffing around with something from the factory, sure some conversions still carry the factory warranty but there has never ben any substantive crash testing done, that Im aware of.

Not to mention the shear rip off value of the conversion, a late model conversion retails out for $22K to $30K depending on factory options, electric seats etc etc but the true "cost" of such a conversion is around $8K thats one hell of a mark up.

no need to ban LHD vehicles, theyre not unsafe and there is no crash stats gathered to distinguish between RHD and LHD in accident stats, even the government admit they dont have any stats on the matter LOL idiots, yet the change laws and rules at the drop of a hat with no supporting evidence.

lookoutas, Nov 21, 6:59am
No - The Poms got it wrong. The Yanks just followed already existent Maritime laws.

kcf, Mar 26, 5:05pm
You are exactly correct, that is what it means.