Shed full of holden spares.

Page 1 / 2
anarot, Jan 3, 4:41am
Please do get some pics, I'm keen.

granada, Jan 3, 4:51am
Offer him a couple of hundy for it, then list it all on TM , you make a bit of a killing, or offer to sell it on his behalf and split the profits, Too good to trash

richynuts, Jan 3, 4:51am
Friendly tell him you will weigh it al and pay him xxx amount of dollars more than the scrap metal dealer and youlist it on TM!

gmphil, Jan 3, 8:24am
F- p im keen check me out threw my wanted add

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:00am
hey guys i decided to give him two options. I'll catalouge it all and sell it all for him individually if he wants to go halves on it. Or he can list the lot himself which I doubt he'll want to do.It'll be his call.
I got a funny feeling though, after I talk to him, he'll list the lot on trademe as one whole package.
I'm going to catch up with him next weekend, will fill you guys in on whats happening.

mk3zephyr, Jan 3, 9:09am
wouldnt have an HQ-WB p/steer box would he, I know a bloke who needs the housing for one and he is having real probs finding one.

morrisman1, Jan 3, 9:10am
I can't decide if this is a piss-take or not

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:14am
he said he there were more or less enough parts to build a whole car. So Im picking there very well maybe. Im going to catch up with him next weekend so will find out for you.
He did say there is even a whole subframe under the house. Not sure what thats off, didnt holden HQ's and toranas have complete chassies!

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:15am
haha, not this time.
I havent actually seen whats there so it may be a shed full ofjunk for all I know. I'm only going off what he's said.

mk3zephyr, Jan 3, 7:41pm
no hq-wb had a subframe

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 8:05pm
what about the torana!

the-lada-dude, Jan 3, 9:23pm
those mates of mine in aussie got caught in bad traffic jam in melbourne, they are still keen on coming out,
they know you have a pile of TX300 XU1 parts

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:28pm
lol, what the hell are you on about lala dude. You taking meds or something! Might be time to clear this up.Please do explain if you can!

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:29pm

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:36pm
I thought you said they were coming over straight away in your last post on the 5th of December. Must be a really bad traffic jam. lol

joanie32, Jan 3, 11:48pm
1/2chassis wasalways called a sub frame.

friendly_prawn, Jan 4, 9:38am
please dont shoot the messenger.
rang the guy today. HQ stuff has been dumped already.
I asked what and why. He said there were doors and seats and bits and peices, all just rubbish according to him. Well its gone now.
Mostly torana stuff left now. mk3zeph, I did ask about the power steering box. He didnt seem to know what one was.
Turns out the items are all his brothers. One brother owned HQ stuff that he took to the dump, the other bro owns the torana stuff which is still there. I have impressed upon him the value of what he has at his place.he said he is going to talk to his bro about it. I told them I have buyers lined up wanting to buy.If they decide to list them selves, I'll put a link to their auctions.
I have offered to sell it all for them and I have made it quite clear, if anything else is to be dumped, let me know and I'll come around and take it away. Not much else I can do now, the balls in their court. Will still endeavour to get some photo's next weekend. Will keep you guys informed.

gmphil, Jan 4, 10:43am
Shame bout the hq stuff. Thanks f-p

friendly_prawn, Dec 4, 9:38am
mate has a shed full of holden parts. there's a torana 6cyl tripple carb motor. Torana bonnet guards, seats, etc. Heaps of other holden parts, hq etc.
He was going to back a big truck in, load it all up and take it all to the scrap metal dealers.
I told him to hold off till I spoke to you guys. Would it be worth the hassle of listing parts individually or as a whole package providing some one picks them up! Or scrap it all!

ralphdog1, Dec 4, 10:33am
Don't scrap it for gawds sake

shorty11, Dec 4, 10:37am
it will sell on trade me no wurries.good ol stuff hard to find

ginga4lyfe, Dec 4, 11:17am
I may be interested in the Torana 6 cyl :P

Depending on the Type though

friendly_prawn, Dec 4, 11:19am
yeah, I kinda thought the tripple carbs would be worth a few dollars.
The funny thing is if I dont step in, it will all be scrapped. the guy has a good job. It's all seen as more of a nuiscance to him.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 4, 11:20am
Oh nah haha I ment the engine itself, I guessed it wasnt the whole car, so is he biffing them!

friendly_prawn, Dec 4, 11:22am
whoops, yeh figured that out pretty quickly. he reckons theres enough stuff there to build a car with plenty left over.