Want some oddball suggestions.

mike77, Jan 30, 10:17pm
Right oh, looking at a new vehicle, and figured some randoms on the internet should be able to point me in the right direction.

It needs to.

1) Carry 2 adults and 3 kids and 1 large dog away on a weekend.
2) Humans only and all the associated camping stuff during summer
3) Tow a 6m fibreglass boat 4km to nearest ramp - current 2wd does fine at this ramp - but wouldn't mind going further afield.
4) 3 months of the year carry work tools - some of which get very dirty incld and extension ladder and smaller ladder.
5) Carry a 4m kayak once in a blue moon.
6) Budget around 10k - would spend more of less if there was a good deal say up to 15k.

I've got some idea's, but figured there may be some other good idea's out there I haven't thought about.

What say you savages!

mike77, Jan 30, 10:18pm
If anyone suggests a passat and a trailer - prepared to be riduculed

neo_psy, Jan 30, 10:20pm
Commodore or Falcon wagon plus roofracks!

Not 4WD but I've always thought 4WD was a big penalty in everyday use to have it only when you need it.

Legacy wagon, maybe! They're reasonably big inside.

carkitter, Jan 31, 12:22am
Multipla - can't get more oddball than that.

pollymay, Jan 31, 12:28am
do it OP, that would be awesome

mellisa2000, Jan 31, 12:53am
4x4 V6 Odyssey!

mike77, Feb 22, 1:12pm
Ahhh yeah erm thanks! Odd ball! Thats what I'm after - you never know - ya might strike it lucky, but that one's not for me.

currently have a coon wgn, and a coon ute, so ya first suggestions were spot on as what we have at the mo. Does the job, but wanted more cargo / towing capability.
I like the territory, but we run out of space at the mo during summer, so I'm not sure about buying a 4x4 coon with half a boot!

As for the odyssey, sorry fish, but I still have my clangers!

Back to looking at double cab utes.

Cheers guys!