Suggestions for a new car for me.be nice boys!

Page 1 / 3
nikrs, Jan 10, 2:29am
hi all.immmmmmm back! ok so I have found a car, i love it.BUT am wondering if you guys could have a quick look at the listing and be HONEST, if you think it is appropriately priced.
just remember I said HONEST.NOT MEAN! lol
291151917 (listing number)
P.s yes it is slightly over budget.

vtecintegra, Jan 10, 2:47am
I wouldn't pay that much for one - its an incredibly basic car for that price.

It is low mileage and should be extremely reliable though.

kazbanz, Jan 10, 2:47am
heck -it seems to tick all the boxes you wanted ticked. I really can't fault them as a car-a tad "boring" but a good car.
But a "bit" out of the budget is an understatement-$10k budget and its 13kPLUS about $800 in freight from GM to dauckland

robbo36, Jan 10, 2:53am
Nikrs.go see http://www.millcars.co.nz/vehicle-list.aspx for a car. You will get looked after very well.

nikrs, Jan 10, 3:34am
kazbanz budget was 10k yes,free to get it to auck (except ferry) and I am not totally silly.I would not pay 13k for it LOL
spongefrisk I totally have no prob with ur & jazz' suggestion.(and I am not making excuses here) I am just really apprehensive of getting anything with more then 90km on the clock.I do 600-850k a week so the lower the k's I thought would be the better.
BUT lets face it boys I am a female, and blonde! and I know the female mind thinks differently to the male mind.

kazbanz, Jan 10, 3:46am
nikrs--YOU may not want to spend 13k butyou don't know how negotiable thedealer is.-You might be in for a shock. --then againheck nowt ventured nowt gained

nikrs, Jan 10, 3:48am
kaz.I have already spoken to dealer.wink wink

nikrs, Dec 30, 2:58am
Hi all, I have had my wee car for 10 years now.
She is looking a bit sad and using a butt load of oil now so I gues it is time to start looking for a new car.
I will have a max of 10k to spend.preferably a 5 door hatch, between a 1500cc-1800cc, 2003 or newer.and must be a manual, and would prefer a nz new car.(crikey I dont ask for much do I!)
Is there any brand(s)/models that I should keep an eye out for specifically.or more importantly stay away from.
You'r help will be much appreciated :}
p.s try not to get my thread deleated please.I am purely asking advice.as this whole car buying thing is REALLY STRESSFUL.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:10am
What are you doing with the car and what are you wanting form it. I.e is economy most important, safety, handling, comfort etc

Are you doing a school run with it, lots of open road stuff or what!

carstauranga001, Dec 30, 3:10am
Jazz will be along soon to suggest his normal VW and Fiat range, and rubbish anything Japanese. Might as well just search in the side box and save us all the same old shit.

carstauranga001, Dec 30, 3:11am
See, he's typing at the same time as me!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:13am
Thats O.K carstauranga is here with bluster and bravado to try and hide his closet Euro obsession. (He sells VW and Fiat but dosn't like to admit it).

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:18am
Anyhow, its probably going to be a Grande Punto for the win. You can get one for 10K in nice condition if you are patient and you are looking at around a 2006 model with excellent safety, performance, reliability, economy, style and value.
Its easy to get a NZ new 6 speed manual one. Drive one then drive the likes of the Swift etc for the same money. no competition.

carstauranga001, Dec 30, 3:19am
you promised you wouldn't tell!

Anyway, one Fiat doesn't make a year! Less than 0.5% of my sales mate.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:19am
Its only 170% of the budget.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:20am
Oh. I thought you were talking about your "other" closet obsession when we discussed that. sorry. my bad!

clark20, Dec 30, 3:21am
http://www.millcars.co.nz/vehicle-details.aspx!id=1375682

This is nice and fits your description, just offer $10k

Edit except NZ new

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:25am
Even better. offer him 8K and tell him otherwise its not as good a value as the Multipla which you like. and that you work across the road and thats where you will be parking it. in full view of his office.

nikrs, Dec 30, 3:29am
.ummmmm.errrr.tha-
nks! for the suggestions guys.LOL
I would prefer to stay away from the euro's due to the "lemon" we have recently owned.
I will keep an eye on my thread for more suggestions.Thanks :}

bmwnz, Dec 30, 3:30am
Is the Swift the most inaptly named car on the road! Its very rare I see one not holding up traffic.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 30, 3:30am
Buying Japanese dosn't protect you from Lemons. There is no magical Japanese wand that makes their cars more reliable. (Despite what the carstaruanga fairy and his leotard-ed friends will tell you. no that wasn't the "other" closet thing either)

bmwnz, Dec 30, 3:31am
Ah, so you're a lady!
According my car sales buddies, the primary key is colour then!

clark20, Dec 30, 3:38am
Now why would he do that! Sorry, but market value is greater than the Fiat, the masses have chosen the prices for these.

jenny188, Dec 30, 3:38am
Reliability and economy plus reasonable resale: Toyota Corolla liftback.Made and sold by the millions., for a good reason

nikrs, Dec 30, 3:39am
lol bmwnz.I am a female.but I aint no ladyLOL!
jazz.sorry I was not meaning all euro's were lemons.they are just 200% more expensive to fix lemons.
any potential car need not be "pretty" I am happy with not so pretty.and would prefer a more "basic" car.by basic I mean not everything electris this that and the other.(just more things that can break and cost more $$$ to fix you see.)