Phillip Weston - Sigma Speedo Cluster

jonowootton, Dec 8, 5:43am
Message for Phillip or anyone else who may know. I am looking for the speedo cluster of a 1985-1988 GW Sigma GSR,GSR-X, it needs to have the turbo gauge in the right hand corner. Cheers.

ceedoubleyou, Dec 8, 5:55am
I had a '87 Sigma GSR-X, I don't remember a "turbo" gauge. Do you have a jpg!

jonowootton, Dec 8, 6:12am
If you have a look at picture 10 of this listing 378681767 top right hand corner is the turbo gauge.

ceedoubleyou, Dec 8, 6:18am
ok. we talking about an after market gauges!

Brings back memories, mine was artic blue on silver and rego started with NH, can't remember the numbers. Took it up to indicated 200kph on the Matamata straights., Wobbled all over the place.

jonowootton, Dec 8, 6:31am
Not the aftermarket ones hanging off the pillar. There is a gauge in the actual speedo cluster above and to the right of the factory rev counter. On the v3000's or non turbo models this was where the battery meter went.

ceedoubleyou, Dec 8, 7:04am
Hmmm, I think mine had the battery meter. I had both a Tredia Turbo and the Sigma GSR-X, I don't remember either having a turbo gauge. I handed down the Tredia to my brother and he installed a turbo timer, but the Sigma, was always stock standard, no turbo gauge in mine. See what Phillip says.

jonowootton, Dec 13, 6:44pm
If it was a Gsr it should have had the turbo gauge in the instrument cluster for sure.

intrade, Dec 13, 7:41pm

phillip.weston, Dec 13, 9:20pm
yes the GSR and GSR-X had the boost gauge. As did the import E15A Galant and Eternas except the imports had a slightly different layout of the gauge cluster. I believe the Cordia and Tredia turbos also had a boost gauge on the gauge cluster. Basically all turbo Mitsubishis of the 80s had some form of boost indication - my 1980 Eterna GSR Coupe has a three stage boost lamp which goes from green to orange to red which was then replaced by an actual gauge in the facelift 1982 models which was very similar to the gauge on the Starion. Am pretty sure the 80s Mirage turbos had boost gauges too.

But to answer your question Jono - no I wouldn't know where to get one from. Why are you needing one! Yours broken!

jonowootton, Dec 15, 5:35am
Want to swap my 180km one with the 200km NZ one. I prefer the smaller details in the nz one as one.