2001 Ford au2 lost rev counter and speedo,

vernunft, May 31, 7:26am
also temp and low fuel light stay on,
I've searched and searched ,some say reset the ecu, some say common instrument cluster failure and needs replacement, and some even say it is a dud relay. arg.
So ford motoring genius dudes, which is it. Guessing my speed ain't good for my blood pressure

vernunft, May 31, 8:25am
yip its an auto, and the gears are changing smooth as and seemingly at the right intervals fine, i'm also surprised at this with what i've read.

So should I be finding a "new" cluster or are they repairable.

Cheers for your time fish dude. :)

dr_blueoval, May 31, 8:39am
Is anything else in the instrument panel malfunctioning!audio, clock, heater controls or climate control if its a Fairmont or upwards model,, does anything change when the park/tail lights are switched on!If so I would be checking the cluster/dash ground connections before doing anything else.

vernunft, May 31, 8:47am
Hi doc. its a forte , so not many gizmo's

No tacho, no speedo, fuel light and temp light stay on,I have driven this in all conditions, nothing changes,

The fuel gauge, temp gauge & DTE work as they should.
Tho i'm sure there was a hole in the tank when towing a well loaded tandem back from ashburton last week, lol

vernunft, Jun 4, 4:27am
bumping . full replacement of cluster or fixable!

twit7, Jun 4, 5:34am
we just had an au at work doing funny things in the dash ,turned out to be a bad earth

johnf_456, Jun 4, 5:41am
I would take it into your nearts ford dealer and check the earths, earths can do some really random as faults.

vernunft, May 5, 7:15pm
yes true, will chuck it on the hoist tomorrow and check earths, cheers john and twit (lol)