Any good points about a triumph 2500tc!

Page 5 / 5
sifty, Jan 31, 8:33pm
Hahaha nicely said.

As per the Triumph, not my cup of tea, but I love seeing cars like this still on the road. Good luck with the old girl, cars like this can make even mundane trips fun, and the occasional mechanical let-down is part of classic ownership. I'm sure you'll have fun and take some pride in getting her running properly - enjoy.

roadkill3, Jan 31, 10:52pm
(another tosser)

rod525, Jan 31, 11:26pm
Go back and have a look at what I said at #15. Your the tosser and/or a pom I bet. Looking at what you buy and sell ( rovers ) I can see your delusional.

ginga4lyfe, Jan 31, 11:36pm
"your the tosser" "no ur the tosser" FFS do you have nothing better to do other than act immature! why cant you leave personal preference alone and stop bitching at each other! I see this alot in some threads, ill admit its funny some times. but seriously. that is just immature!

jrlaw, Jan 31, 11:52pm
I seem to remember fitting new mufflers often, then trying to get all the brackets lined up so the exhaust missed the chassis holes, and the gearbox mounting that seemed to fail often. Fixed it by sliding a bit of tire sliced up and poked under the mounting.Some people liked them other hated them all to what you like.

saki, Feb 1, 12:30am
JR Law the first job I did when I worked in an exhaust shop was a full S/S system on a t 2.5 would have been a shit of a job but we had in stock the X member mounts complete with the bolts rubber washers made life easy took about 30 minutes, the worse was doing just the center muffler through the chassis hole and the customer didnt want to spend any money

sifty, Feb 1, 12:31am
Welcome to the message boards, typical tough guy syndrome brought on by anonymity. If you're feeling brave check out the sports board. Ususally get 3 posts on topic before they start calling each other gay.

roadkill3, Feb 1, 1:00am
triumph, v8 landrover or early (64, 68-70) holden for me,real steel, heaps of spares around and cruisers nicely but with heaps of grunt to spare, and cheaper rego

ginga4lyfe, Feb 2, 6:29am
ITS DONE, the clutch went in with the aid of a clutch alignment tool, the box slid right on, and all the bolts went back to were they came from, the only pro blem i have is that the gearbox is still fairly noisey. but atleased it doesnt slip anymore :)

pge, Feb 2, 9:14am
Ging, I think you got a real steal there !

Manual + o/d, body looks fairly good, go out and have lots of conspicuous fun in it.

Best of luck with your new toy. I am a wee bit jealous.

ginga4lyfe, Feb 2, 9:22am
haha, thanks the box is a little noisey though Ill just find a second hand Box and engine and piece them together for a spare set,otherwise, i gotta take the body back to bare metal and rid of the rest of the rust, then respray and stuff, im glad that i have still got all the chrome trim( in the boot ), it just doesnt look right without it

welshdude, Mar 2, 11:04pm
I took one for a test drive one time. I put my foot flat to the floor to test acceleration and the pedal got caught in the carpet! I was doing 100mph on Blockhouse Bay Road by the time I freed it. Very smooth at that speed!