Seatbelts

Page 2 / 2
ct9a, Jan 31, 8:56pm
just whip a lighter up it and spray paint it black bro

ct9a, Jan 31, 8:57pm
every inspector see's things different,yet all hold the same power to pass or fail. a photo would most likely deem it to a comment by the sounds

johnf_456, Jan 31, 8:57pm
Spray paint looks real professional. (i know your joking). In saying that I have seen a lighter tidy up belts well on minor stuff (yes I know.). Just take it on a case by case basis.

ct9a, Jan 31, 8:58pm
although having said that.it would cost another xx dollars to take else where for another whole check ,which in this case is cheaper then a 2nd hand belt and labour involved to fit

johnf_456, Jan 31, 9:00pm
^ But you could ask a seatbelt guy I am sure most mechanics would say if that is a fail or pass without a inspection. They do not need to do a whole inspection to find that out, just a quick chat and a 5 second look.

ct9a, Jan 31, 9:01pm
old vtnz are a funny bunch at times,weird not many kiwi's working there(not biased) but yeah huge lack of experiance in the trade from a nz point of veiw.i enjoy photo copying pages from the virm and ringing them while customer there : )

thing that peevs me off is always failing trucks on brake in-balance !

ct9a, Jan 31, 9:02pm
yes but.they never did or signed the inspection.

smac, Jan 31, 9:02pm
I really just don't get you. He wasn't questioning the fail, he was asking for help on price/parts source, and you turn it into "we all know how bad VTNZ are".

I really do suspect that if the inspector in this thread was from a no-name local garage you'd be telling the OP to suck it up and go buy a new belt because the safety risk just isn't worth it.

johnf_456, Jan 31, 9:03pm
+1 I've done that before also, its funny proofing them wrong by the virm when they dont have a leg to stand on. You obviously know the truth hurts when all of a sudden they start talking in there own language at vtnz.

johnf_456, Jan 31, 9:04pm
Yup but the advice is if its fail or pass is the key here. To decide if it needs to be taken further.

ct9a, Jan 31, 9:06pm
as the owner of the vehicle ,they are entitled to get 2nd opinions,take else where,argue the point etc etc.so i do not think there is any aiming at vtnz,as you could always get other staff members from another vtnz to check it as you can take it to any vtnz in nz for a recheck

johnf_456, Jan 31, 9:06pm
Nope, I would take it on a case by case basis. Which is why a pxt goes a long way from a description from a non expert.

johnf_456, Jan 31, 9:08pm
Didn't think about it to another vtnz, what have you got to lose by taking it to another vtnz there is a few in Auckland.

moosie_21, Jan 31, 11:08pm
It's all good, I fouind a 2nd hand one on here for $25. Pays to look around, and I knew I'd find one cheaper! Took me 1/2 an hour to take the darn thing out, covered by entire middle plastic panelling, which also necessitated the taking out of seats!

Shall post pics up of the fray in a sec.

3tomany, Jan 31, 11:20pm
that looks buggered to me, it can only get worse. good on you vtnz for potentialy saving this persons life and all for 25 bucks. you can now use it to hang a v8 on lol

moosie_21, Jan 31, 11:22pm
lmao. It wouldn't save my life, it'd be saving one of my friends (very few of which have the pleasure of driving with me!) All my crashes have been in reverse anyways (many years ago.)! All good, just bit the bullet and bought a 2nd hand one to install anyways. Cheers everyone.

johnf_456, Jan 31, 11:48pm
That looks like more than 1mm to me, very much different from what I "assumed". But pictures always clear that up when you have the information. Reminds me of the time I changed my neighbours one from his dogs eating them for breakfast. 25 bucks is a bargain, slow and steady is the key to removing things like that you have not done before with those hidden clips.

mrfxit, Feb 1, 3:48am
Yea ok skimmed the BS postering in the 2nd half of this thread . BUT. . Yes theres good & bad with all firms regardless of size but betweeen Vtnz & AA inspection complaints, there really is a lot of inconsistancy going on & considering their total market share verses single shop firms, you would think they would be a bit more consistant with their work ethics

ct9a, Feb 1, 4:00am
couldnt agree more

johnf_456, Feb 1, 4:58am
Yip

carmedic, Feb 1, 6:58pm
I'm an AVI & I'd fail that.

moosie_21, Feb 2, 7:51am
Fair enough. Putting the 2nd hand one in tomorrow, shall tell you how it goes. All the stuff I took off is sstill in the car, so want to get it back together ASAP so I can drive again!

welshdude, Mar 3, 6:40am
I did the same thing!