Stereo code for ford festiva please

laughinglady, Feb 2, 7:24am
I recently got 1996 ford festiva GLX previos owner never got security code for tape deck in car. I live miles from dealer and wonder if anyone in here can help please first numbers of code seem to be 123

andrea_w, Feb 2, 7:30am
A phone enables someone to talk to someone else who is otherwise miles away.
Ring the dealer tomorrow, they should have the code on file. you will need to tell them your number plate.

laughinglady, Feb 2, 7:31am
Thanx wise guy

andrea_w, Feb 2, 7:37am
Anytime

jono2912, Feb 2, 7:38am
Someone has to be wise.

andrea_w, Feb 2, 7:40am
.and someone else has to be a wise ass!

Now, who gets what title!

fordguy17, Feb 2, 7:44am
Try a logical 4. If that fails, ring the dealer.

laughinglady, Feb 2, 7:56am
tried that among others fordguy but it just says error. A mate of mine recommended this option as heap of switched on car people lurk in here apparently

andrea_w, Feb 2, 8:06am
OP : there won't be a generic code unfortunately so no one here can give it to you. It's a unique code only the dealer will (well, should) have. What makes you think its '123XX'!
Also, if your car has had an aftermarket stereo installed and a previous owner banged in a random Ford stereo to fill the hole upon selling it, unfortunately that's game over for that stereo, there will be no way to obtain a code for it unless the code has been written on the stereo at the time it was installed.
If you have the owners manual, check inside the front and back cover and maybe a few pages in.
Another option is to remove the stereo, the code is sometimes written near the serial number!
^^ Those 2 are obviously not guaranteed but they are fairly common so you might get lucky!

laughinglady, Feb 2, 8:16am
ok haven't got manuel but punched in 123 but next number turns into error-looks like i need go town lol or replace stereo on trade me. Thanx motorists happy driving

saki, Feb 2, 8:19am
wait til tomorrow the misses has a festiva and there is something written in her users manual.

kcf, Mar 3, 3:13pm
The codes are different between cars, otherwise what would be the point!

I popped down to my local Ford dealer with my Festiva, gave them the number plate, and they were able to give me the code for my car.

Had previously done the same with a Telstar too.