Toyota 3y engine and cooling system flush

haventrader, Dec 14, 6:15am
I want to change the oil on my Toyota HiAce van. It has the 2.0l 3y engine. Can anyone advise suitable oil to use please!
Also want to flush the radiator and possibly get the cooling system checked- as part of routine maintenance. What's involved, and if I get it done at a workshop, how much should I expect to pay!
Cheers

mugenb20b, Dec 14, 6:31am
Being summer time, 15W-40 will do for an old 3Y engine, and they take a Z101 oil filter.
Radiator flush will take around 15 minutes labour, 15 odd minutes to bleed, and 15 minutes to check the cooling system components. What's involved! Remove one heater hose, and run a garden hose through it while the engine is running. Once the water runs out clean, simply drain it all out, fill with antifreeze and water, bleed all the air out, check fan, thermostat, water pump and radiator cap operation. And pressure test the cooling system to check for leaks and visually check the coolant hoses.
Oil + filter change + cooling system flush and check over = $150 to $200 depending on the charge out rates and "what exactly" gets done.

haventrader, Dec 14, 6:15pm
Thanks for the info mugen. All good.