Re Nissan Prairie joy problem

Page 2 / 2
elect70, Dec 17, 11:03pm
Sounds like crookstarter soleniodas it wont turn over ortrans interlock preventing power tostarter circuit when hot !Surely Nissan agent can sus it !

ozz1, Dec 17, 11:19pm
doona.yourproblem sound like the electrical ignition switch on the back of the steering lock.

doona2005, Dec 17, 11:33pm
Thanks ozz1 - will get it checked.

ozz1, Dec 17, 11:42pm
hi doona. ifyou getstuck.i have tested s/h ones here for $30 incpostage. cheers ian. just start a wanted ad.

skin1235, Dec 17, 11:45pm
check also the connector at the base of the steering column that connects the ignition and switches to the main loom, nissan had a habit of corroding in there, what you describe was quite common in the primera range, all lights up but no starter engagement, not even a click

doona2005, Dec 17, 11:46pm
ok thanks for replies - will check all suggestions. many thanks.

gunhand, Dec 18, 12:09am
LOL, yea ours does the random pulling thing to, wierd isnt it. Ive done front struts and wheel alignment and thats about all and ours is at 190000kms. We are having a good run out of it apart from the odd quirk but its nothing that bothers us.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 18, 12:27am
oh wow. i thought it was only my one, I have replaced the rubber mounts ont he steering rack, the universal knuckle the struts, the wheel bearings, the rack and rack ends, the sway bar bushings and linkages.there thoeretically shouldnt be anything to cause this,and i have confirmed that the steering wheel itself isnt moving on the colomn shaft, the only thing i can replace now is the steering rack, and that rack is the same in the Primera ( so im told, i dont know which model but id say n15! ) and there is no play in the rack itself. odd. I told Dad to buy a toyota Estima/previa/other. but nope. "it has 45 thousand kms. and is cheap." 4 years ago. we probably have spent the same as a top model estima at low kms back then, just on "fixing" it

teddybear9, Dec 19, 1:39am
Oh wow and i thought i was the only one every warrant left front tyre chewed out, had wheel alignment everything done to that one.

teddybear9, Dec 19, 1:41am
Going to replace starter motor as been told sounds like solunoud problem in starter

demons, Dec 19, 2:48am
sounds like fuel pump relay.

teddybear9, Dec 19, 4:01am
Forgot to add when you try to start all you get is click click click which is why i am throwing towards starter

ginga4lyfe, Dec 19, 4:46am
then its not solenoid, its the brushes in them, it is common for people to assume solenoid when that happens, but really its the brushes

guest, Oct 19, 1:01am
Would anyone know why my 1997 nissan prairie joy 2litre automatic keeps the speed up when i have taken my foot off the accelerator.
I have had to force up my accelerator to decrease the speed but this does not always work and the car is using up more fuel now.