Toyota lovers

jahcade, Dec 19, 6:52am
does anyone know if a Toyota Estima, emina 1998 has a cam belt or chain or any other useful info.

mugenb20b, Dec 19, 6:53am
Petrol = chain
Diesel = cambelt

jahcade, Dec 19, 6:54am
awesome thnx 4 that

intrade, Dec 19, 6:55am
and both are utte $hitfighters.
http://www.teoc.ws/

mugenb20b, Dec 19, 6:56am
Clunky noise from the front suspension is usually caused by worn out sway bar mounting bushes.
Clunky noise under acceleration etc. will be the SADS drive shaft couplings (prick of a job).
If you have a diesel, disconnect EGR valve and remove throttle body butterfly.

mugenb20b, Dec 19, 6:57am
They are getting old now, not safe in a crash and most are abused, otherwise they are OK.

sheepey, Dec 19, 10:26am
Only remove butterfly on later efi pump, . Sads job not hard, front struts are prone to leaks and cause clunking but are only $112.50 each new.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 19, 10:36am
"Toyota Lovers". also known as "Beige Bandits"

foxdonut, Dec 19, 12:18pm
I stopped loving Toyota the day they brought out the zzw30 Mrs and dropped the supra. Everything after that has been a bland, soulless, overpriced heap of shit car.

richardmayes, Dec 19, 7:09pm
I think they are aiming for the "MAKE MONEY by selling lots of ordinary cars to ordinary people" sector of the market.

rather than the "LOSE MONEY AND GO TITS-UP selling only a few slightly better cars to slightly odd people" part of the market.

But WHY OH WHY don't they mass-produce a Toyota branded LFA!

scoobeey, Dec 19, 8:23pm
and mostly RELIABLE no frills .:)))

studio1, Dec 19, 8:38pm
No matter how I look at that new Landcruiser, I just can't see ANYTHING nice about it. It just looks WRONG.
Who the hell designed such a creepy looking machine! I think the Lada has more design flair than this monstrosity.
Or was it some innovative designer's dream vehicle!
Seriously, it looks like something out of a Transformers movie.
As for the Estima / Emina - fridge on wheels.

Disclaimer:
The opinions contained in this post are those of the editor and no offense intended or implied. No animals were harmed in the posting of this message. Do not use in the rain. For indoor or outdoor use only. Small parts may be hazardous to furry beavers.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 19, 9:21pm
Funny then that they are slowly slipping back in the rankings and VW are only growing and about to knock them off their perch as the biggest manufacturer.

gadgit3, Dec 19, 10:30pm
Because the ones that have been built have been sold at a loss so limited run will command better money.

richardmayes, Dec 19, 10:46pm
Yes but Toyotas do better skids. SO THERE.

mugenb20b, Dec 19, 11:22pm
Biggest manufacturer! Maybe. But can they make cars at a price that will match or undercut their opposition! Like Golf vs Corolla. Toyota is cheaper and better value for money for some people.

foxdonut, Dec 20, 2:03am
How can you logically go from "they make cars for the masses to stay in business" to "they should mass produce the single most expensive road going vehicle they've ever made that only a handful of people could afford"!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 20, 3:54am
Yes, actually the VW's price point is much the same as the Toyota (Yaris/Polo Corolla/Golf) only the VW is much better value as you get a lot more car for your money.

Toyota really only offers you "smoke and mirrors" in terms of what you are buying. They are basically trading on a name that used to mean you got a car that offered something the other competitors didn't (value, reliability) now it offers no tangible advantages, value for money is not particularly good and reliability is much of a muchness. The cars themselves always trail the pack in terms of innovation and technology. Handling, styling, refinement, real world economy, equipment is all mediocre at best on their mainstream offerings.

They have had their day in the sun (They had some great cars in the 90's). But now they are just on the long wind downhill. With VW already building a far superior product after massive no cost too much R & D of the last decade and about to invest obscene amounts more. Toyota really only have their brand left. until people catch on.

Don't get me wrong they are unlikely to die out completely but they offer nothing of note to a new car buyer.

Lucky for them though that people on mass are fundamentally pretty stupid and don't tend to research/understand what they are or are not buying. They are also easily swayed by wives tales and stupid baseless horror stories from slimy sales people who have no clue.

For that reason alone change will continue to be incremental for some time, even thought the better product is here now.

allely, Dec 20, 4:37am
well hell.i just bought a mrs last week.didnt feel like a man till i got this car.NOW I FEEL MEN ALL THE TIME!:)

carstauranga001, Dec 20, 6:43am
Are you a hairdresser!

allely, Dec 20, 6:53am
no, but as soon as i got the car i suddenly saw how my hair had just been so wrong for soooooo long.
andmy eyes have been miraculously opened to the artistry of interior decorating.and out of nowhere i suddenly understand the holden/ford debate.oh what. no .that would be just tooooooo gay :)