Mazda 3 overheating.

norts332, Dec 26, 9:31pm
Me Mazda has just started overheating, but when I chuck the heater/fans on in the car at high temp, it goes back down.any idea what the cause us before towie picks her up to go to the mechanics.has done 94k and serviced every 10k.any info will do.cheers

amie10, Dec 26, 9:37pm
Thermostat stuffed! Head gasket! Blocked radiator! Faulty sensor! Ghosts!

norts332, Dec 26, 9:43pm
LOL.I had an AA guy come check it out.he reckons it was needing water so we did, and still overheating.I looked under the bonnet and it wasn't overheating nor was the engine light on.but temp gauge says its hot.company car so they won't be happy.eekk

74nova, Dec 26, 9:44pm
Easiest thing to do would be replace the thermostat and take it for a drive to see what it does.

curlcrown, Dec 26, 9:45pm
does it over heat only when driving very slowly or standing still!

amie10, Dec 26, 9:46pm
Before spending and money an a car that isn't yours. Take it to a mechanic to diagnose it. Saves scraped knuckles and frustration in the long run

norts332, Dec 26, 9:50pm
It overheats after a 20min drive.been idling for 20 min and temp is normal now.bout to go for another run.all seems fine under the hood.doesn't feel too hot to be concerned.would a faulty thermost give me high temp readings!

unbeatabull, Dec 26, 9:57pm
Company car . take it to them to fix it.

norts332, Dec 26, 10:00pm
Yeah i will.but wanted to go places today.LOL.haven't felt so stranded in ages.

kazbanz, Dec 27, 12:13am
norts--the car is overheating. its trying to tell you something you seem happy to ignore. If the engine goes bang because you ignored the warningsjust how is the company going to view the situation!
Sorry if this seems over blunt but it really is that simple.

richard198, Dec 27, 12:38am
I would never ask AA or Hometune etc for help with a car.
I have had experience with both and they just guess!
It could be just a faulty sensor etc. if the engine doesn't "smell" hot but don't take the risk!
Park it up and let the company deal with it.

norts332, Dec 27, 5:27am
Agree.very tempting but resisted the urge.long time since i caught a bus to the mall.sheeshh.

norts332, Dec 27, 5:28am
\
for sure mate, he didnt seem to know much more than me i reckon.LOL.will see what the mechanics say tomorrow.i think i can drive it there.save them towing and charging company an arm and a leg for it.

radar51, Dec 27, 9:36am
does the radiator fan come on when it warms up

norts332, Dec 29, 6:37am
Man this is awesome.got my car back from repair.during a pretty budy period, they found it was the thermostat, had one in the area and cars back home working as usual.

next-to-normal, Dec 29, 6:44am
check the radiator cap,