Bugger me, Mazda Escudo.

rob_man, Jan 6, 9:25am
Yep, had what I thought was a Suzuki come in today and suddenly realised it was a Suzuki badged as a Mazda.
I really have to start taking more notice of what's going on, I knew there were Honda/Isuzus and Mazda Bongo/Nissan vans etc but this is the first one of these I've come across.

phillip.weston, Jan 6, 9:32am
yep Mazda Levante Proceed from memory - in return for Mazda giving Suzuki the 2.0L V6 engine which powers them.

zooki007, Jan 6, 9:54am
Actually the Mazda Levante has a totally different engine to the Suzuki Vitara/Escudo. Mazda used their own KF engine where the Suzuki has their H20A. Easy to tell difference as the Mazda has distributor and HT leads whereas the Suzuki has coil over plugs. Mazda got to name a few as a Proceed Levante as Suzuki sourced the very bad Mazda RF diesel for a short time before going to Peugot for a better diesel engine.

phillip.weston, Jan 6, 10:04am
H series was co-developed with Mazda and share a near identicaly bore/stroke - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_H_engine

phillip.weston, Jan 6, 10:06am
although I see the H is chain driven while Mazda K is belt driven.

zooki007, Jan 6, 10:19am
Yup, same bore & stroke but everything else if different. I forgot the chain/belt difference as well, cheers.

rob_man, Jan 6, 7:12pm
It feels quite grunty to drive, being manual helps in that respect.

satans_child_nz, Jan 6, 8:02pm
almost as crazy as the toyota badged holdens

thunderbolt, Jan 6, 10:48pm
satans_child_nz wrote:
almost as crazy as the toyota badged holdens[/quote
Or the Holden badged Toyota's

mugenb20b, Jan 7, 5:18am
Really! OK, I haven't driven manual ones, but automatic ones are appalling.

rob_man, Jan 7, 5:22am
Yes, I kind of liked it until I found out it had one of those hand grenade Mazda V6 motors.