Dealers buying up cheap cars and relisting

Page 2 / 3
fordcrzy, Jan 8, 11:25pm
That's nothing.:/ I was looking at a car at Turners car auction that role for $5500 and the very next day saw it on the yard of a large north shore dealer for.

$12999
:O

doggitt, Jan 8, 11:27pm
There is a valid reason for that though.

Buy a car at turners auctions then you pay the money and that's the end of their obligations.

Buy a car at a dealers and you will get a warranty plus they are bound by rules and regulations etc.

gmphil, Jan 8, 11:30pm
Jesuz wot a wallis

richynuts, Jan 8, 11:34pm
Car was listed for 1 hour, so $200 an hoursounds damn good to me, buyer should of thought hmmm. maybe this car is too cheap!

kcf, Jan 8, 11:39pm
is it an 1800cc as per the title of the ad or is it a 2000cc as per the car details [scratches head]

curlcrown, Jan 8, 11:48pm
But there's a big difference between someone saying they will buy the car and actualy doing it. Especialy cars in that price range.

doggitt, Jan 8, 11:49pm
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

richynuts, Jan 8, 11:51pm
I know but $200 in that price range is another 15%.

tgray, Jan 8, 11:52pm
Buying a car from a dealer, you don't get a warranty unless you purchase one. Perhaps you meant you are protected by law if you have certain problems after the sale.

curlcrown, Jan 8, 11:54pm
He had a guy in front of him willing to buy it there and then, no conditions. He could not be sure that you would have bought it. He had no way of knowing for sure that you would actualy turn up, and then even if you did he had no way of being sure you would buy the car. You may not have liked it for one reason or another.

cocabowla, Jan 8, 11:56pm
and ! they have to get stock somewhere.
when i had my secondhand shop occasionally i bought off tm to sell in the shop, as has been said as long as the original seller is happy with what they got theres no problem.

tgray, Jan 8, 11:56pm
Original poster: I have to chuckle at your thread headline. Heck, that's what we do!

doggitt, Jan 9, 12:02am
Well that would probably depend on the dealer if you had to pay for a warranty or not.
And yes when I said "they will be bound by rules and regulations" I did indeed mean you are protected by law if there are problems.

tgray, Jan 9, 12:05am
We'll, if ther'e throwing in the warranty, I can assure you, you have already 'paid' for it.

doggitt, Jan 9, 12:11am
For sure, I don't disagree with that. But it's not something you can expect from a private sale which was my original point.

When buying something from a shop or a dealer if they ask me to pay for a warranty I always bargain to get that without charge.

kazbanz, Jan 9, 4:13am
hang on a mo. I just can't get my head around this $5500 paid for the car including the Turners buyers fees thenadvertised for sale at $12995 with apsolutely NOTHING done to the car!
So for example it wasn't one with $1500 worth of panel work needed or mechanical issuesOR in fact a different car with different milage

fordcrzy, Jan 9, 4:49am
nothing done to the car.not even groomed.they must have driven it from turners straight on to the yard and parked it.it was very early the next day. need less to say i "zoom zoomed" straight past thier yard in disbeleif. exact same car same rego.fair private value would have been in the 7-8000 bracket.

mopeds, Jan 9, 4:52am
Its called business.

mantagsi, Jan 9, 4:57am
I hate to say it but this all sounds like sour grapes to me. I guess its the old story, you just gotta be quicker than everyone else if you want a bargain

jcwholesale, Jan 9, 5:00am
richynuts Looks like you are a bit of a trader yourself, do you buy the bike wrecks from Turners *S*.
And it also appears you have sour grapes as someone beat you to an under valued vehicle.
Oh you have a second hand dealers licence for all that stuff you sell, as you know you need one if you are selling for a profit, but we will overlook that.
Anyway, you will just have to keep looking I suppose.
It is bloody hard out there and a little extra income doesn't hurt does it!

richynuts, Jan 9, 5:15am
No not at all I restore bikes as a hobby mostly yamaha, very rarely sell bikes, but do sell parts that I no longer need, I buy a hell of alot more than I sell, if you check out trader 460bb feedback you will see why I amwrecking the YZF750.

msigg, Jan 9, 5:21am
So long as he is paying his taxes.

jcwholesale, Jan 9, 5:23am
richynuts I really don't care what you do, I was just making a point, you got beaten to a good deal, better to move on and find another one.
You certainly look like your a trader of sorts, as does the guy who bought the car you wanted, do you see what I'm getting at.
By the way, as a trader myself, I would have taken the $1500.00. I wouldn't risk a sale for just $200.00, $500.00 might have gotten me though. LOL

richynuts, Jan 9, 6:49am
Can you see why I get frustrated check this out 438101986, went to look at this car after a week of trying tomake a time with seller, anyhow arrange to meet at 7:15pm tonight,get to the door she says sorry sold someone just pushed 'buy now', so come home and check. buy now is still there! so place autobid of $2000 anyhow then she removes the auction!

jcwholesale, Jan 9, 6:57am
LOL, you are having some bad luck, I do feel for you though.