Dealers/Importers - Jan 2012 rules

neo_psy, Nov 5, 5:32am
LOL - I forgot about that. Must tell Mrs Neo about it.

Oh, and don't reply directly to that e-mail, cos I sent it on my work e-mail instead of my personal one. Reply to my personal one if you will.

theedge76, Nov 11, 10:05am
Is there an official (probably Government!) website where one can check if a car would comply or not!

tgray, Nov 11, 9:32pm
Sounds confusing as hell.

neo_psy, Nov 2, 6:02am
Hey hey,

Will the first gen (previous shape) Mazda Atenzas be allowed to be imported on the new rules!
What about the previous Accord Euro!

TIA

carstauranga001, Nov 2, 6:13am
Nothing pre 2004 will comply. Most 05 Jap cars comply but there are exceptions. One I purchased on Monday, 2006 facelift Impreza still old GH code so won't comply come Jan. All Euros 2006 or newer from what I gather at thios stage.

fordcrzy, Nov 2, 6:14am
you should see the stacks of cars at the signature factory at thames.more caldinas, ipsums,rav 4's and aurions than you can shake a compliance cert at.stocking up before the rule changes.

neo_psy, Nov 2, 6:24am
Hmm, thanks. That's interesting.

carstauranga001, Nov 2, 7:06am
It always looks full when I go through there but I know their "normal" stock level of imports is around 350. Even if they have doubled the normal stock holding, split over all the Toyota dealers in NZ it's not many each.

fordcrzy, Nov 2, 7:13am
i know what youmean.but its fuller than full at the moment.lots of ex rentals too

kazbanz, Nov 3, 2:24am
Just thought I'd give you a bit of an update. The SPECIFICS of the law change seems to be that the cars must meet euro4. Its establishedthat ALL jappa's with 3 figure emission codes DO comply. Ie they definitely meet euro4 standards . There are a group of people who are following up with the older 2 figure codes because it seems that there are a range of these vehicles thatalso meet euro4

carstauranga001, Nov 3, 3:58am
True, there is a descrepency with Euro cars as they met Euro 4 in 2004 I understand. (which is equivelant to 2005 rule) However the 3 digit code wasn't on them in Japan untill 06 so our compliance shops can NOT certify them. But my 06 Impreza is GH so dosn't meet 05 rule from what I am told.

kazbanz, Nov 3, 6:03am
Its the other way round thats interesting. Converting the jap 2 didget codes across ot euro standards.
With the imprezza they used the grandfather clause in Japan to pass the 2 diget emiision code in JapanSame as the odyssey -03,accord-03 and familia -04 used the grandfather clause.-Pre existing tech.BUTVitz,funcargo,demio were new technology for the 2 didget code and the 05 plus versions of thesethat have 3 didget emissions it would would apear used the same clause. Therefore the older versions may be euro 4 compliant using it backwards--
summat like that anyhoo

neo_psy, Nov 3, 6:03am
Cheers Kaz.

So is there any way to tell what code particular vehicles are! Atenzas, for example!

kazbanz, Nov 3, 6:07am
and you HAVEN'T called me about this why!
The window is STILL open regardless of law change

neo_psy, Nov 3, 6:22am
Cos work is clamping down on personal calls, etc. and I don't want to disturb you (well, more than you're already disturbed) after hours.

Plus weekends fly past before I get a chance to drop in.

kazbanz, Feb 20, 1:57am
lol exquses excuses --Gwan be honest -you're still miffed cos ya said "wo me" when I called out to mrs kaz that day