Holden could be history!

Page 2 / 2
ryanm2, Jan 10, 11:15pm
Just saw on sky news now about re-investment from both Ford and Holdenand the aussie tax payer into facilities - so they aren't going anywhere.

dante055, Jan 11, 12:05am
and when this came up a few years ago the govt said it would buy it.

vtecintegra, Jan 11, 12:07am
Uh what!

GM Europe has been doing okay, and Buick is doing great in China

cocabowla, Jan 11, 1:50am
holden would be sold off to some "suits" and be renamed daewoo australia

elect70, Jan 11, 1:51am
Maybe GM looking for moreAus govt subsidies to keepassembly in aus , threatening a pullout with resulting big loss ofemployment .

cocabowla, Jan 11, 1:53am
rubbish, my brother in law is a snr sgt of traffic in oz and they had a equal fleet of both brands . neither was superior and BOTH have their faults

richard198, Jan 11, 1:53am
Fords in Holden bodywork!

unbeatabull, Jan 11, 4:46am
Is that why Taxi drivers use Falcons rather then commodores!

joanie32, Jan 11, 5:05am
Apparently Holdens productionis secureagain after all the rubbish chutes have been cleared from the other GM plants. New skips have been placed beneath, and assoon as they are full the parts willbe shipped to oz so the aboriginis can resume wogging up a whole new range.

bubbles244, Jan 11, 5:30am
the buick sold in china is a holden.jeez

and the europe market is probably down to clarkson and co doing burnouts in monaros and maloo's on tv.All for a 3rd the price of a v8 BMW.

nightboss, Jan 11, 5:48am
And the next Falcon could be a rebadged front wheel drive Ford Taurus

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-01-12/falcon-could-go-ford-boss-warns/1206206

foxdonut, Jan 11, 6:08am
They both use a custom made chassis, shell, gearbox, brakes, suspension, diff and an imported motor.

The only parts from the original cars are wing mirrors, badges, front grill, boot lid and headlight assembly.

boss17, Jan 11, 9:42am
It's not a pretty sight with the Aussie cars. I think the GM is being harder on Holden at the moment than Ford US has been on its Aussie arm because of the financial strife they have been in back in the US. The US govt has alot of say in GM now and why would they want any funds heading to Aus when they are bleeding money everywhere in the US. Holden has run some massive losses over the last 10 years and from memory the few profits they have run have been small. I think if Holden tips over with this then it will make it hard for Ford and Toyotas Aussie arms as well. This will be the last Commodore I reckon with Holden putting its money and effort into the Cruze now and the Falcon is just as shaky. Ford US putting another 103 million into its Aus division is a good sign that they are at least still looking to the future for now.

chip8, Jan 11, 10:03am
After years of absence, the manufacture of an affordable family hatchback has returned to Australia in the form of the new five-door Holden Cruze.

The most compact dinky-di Aussie-made car adds a further 10 models to the array of cars built in the Generals Adelaide factory, bringing the total to 51.

51 models built in Adeliade factory!

Surely there is no need or demand for 51 models of Holden!

3tomany, Jan 11, 8:09pm
that might upset some but as someone who has owned every model falcon since xe i am looking forward to getting my hands on a awd xr6

wasser61, Jan 11, 9:03pm
An all wheel drive XR6 sounds pretty cool. I would trade my car in for one of those.

phalanax, Jan 11, 9:18pm
The commies are just a chev in disguise anyway.60 degrees and its a real holden.took holden along time to realise that everyone was whacking chevy engines into this and that.I dont think theyll dump the badge.to much southernland following.

3tomany, Jan 12, 2:17am
the holden commodore will go on it will just be different but different doesnt mean worse and who cares where its made unless you work for holden

vtecintegra, Jan 12, 2:23am
No its down to diesel Astras and Insignias - you know the kind of cars people actually buy