Expired Driver License - $400 fine

Page 2 / 4
directorylist, Feb 21, 10:15am
Good luck with that, i suppose you'll be moaning on here when you finally get your ticket.

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:16am
No, whys that! Im required to move and roadtest heavy vehicles at work. You suggested I didnt have a license, I clarified that I do.

You are childish.

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:17am
So you dont mind having to redo your test plates to keep your welding certs current every few years!

Why should a vehicle be any different!

tootsie9, Feb 21, 10:18am
Good on you. don't forget your medical certificate

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:22am
I honestly dont see why all you old buggers are complaining about having to go do an eye test and have a new photo taken every ten years. Ten years is a long time, you probably spend thousands of hours behind the wheel in those ten years, so whats the hassle in spending half an hour at the AA!

tootsie9, Feb 21, 10:24am
Who says we are all old buggers aye!

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:32am
Ha just a guess

unideck, Feb 21, 10:36am
Why would I get a ticket, stop reading between the lines or are you dyslectic.

unideck, Feb 21, 10:37am
Totally different subject Andrew and I full heartedly disagree with that money making scam too.

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:40am
Having poor eyesight is going to adversely affect your driving though.

And I agree, it should be a practical driving test and theory exam as well.

directorylist, Feb 21, 10:40am
Right so you have a new license! so your comment is all piss and wind! if its a legal document in your mind why get a new one!

unideck, Feb 21, 10:41am
Nor mine and I have 3 licences from three different countries too :)

1ollie, Feb 21, 10:41am
You got off lightly lol! my freind had basicly the same thing happen 2 weeks ago and was forbiden to drive untill he gets it renewed and still got the fine!

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:48am
While people may not outdrive their ability to see by themselves, it can make them less receptive to what goes on around them. This is dangerous.

And yeah, people should be tested on their driving. I have said this 3 or 4 times now.

im_andrew, Feb 21, 10:51am
Its an expense of doing business. Average it out over the 3 years between tests and its only a few cents a day.

unideck, Feb 21, 10:59am
Don't think so well at least no for me, cost over $2,800 for all my tickets to be updated. Maybe holding a straight forward 4711 GD but that again as biker states is a total rip off and given I have been laying welds down for over 34 years it peeves me off, maybe its time to change my career lol

unideck, Feb 21, 11:13am
Do me some, pretty pretty please :)

unideck, Feb 21, 11:16am
Haha, I would love to but I live in the outback here mate lol I even thought about teaching but thats for people who can't make it in the real world tehe.

unideck, Feb 21, 11:26am
Yep for sure. Need to look for something different thats for sure :)

unideck, Feb 21, 11:59am
Yes, got the heads up on this last year, the guy we use for the certs was soooo peeved about the whole deal. He is now forced to sell up as he specialized in training the unemployed and the inmates at Mt Eden giving them the 4711 for when they get out! But hey, political crap again, from my understanding it was done for a "few" good reasons one of which is manufacturing standards for exported goods. The down side is the cost (doubled now) just to re-test and to continually be forced to keep doing this so called test. It is in no way real life welding and never has been. Its the last time for me for sure but I do have some time to think about it as late last year I updated my tickets ;)

nzoomed, Feb 21, 7:53pm
time for you both to go to fair go and report this!

HELP!
IVE JUST CHECKED MINE!
It expires in 8 months!
I thought i had 10 years!!

richms, Feb 21, 8:39pm
How do you remember anything expiring! With a decent organizational process. I have expiration of everything in my outlook calendar, both google calendars and therefore my android phone.

Reminder letters are a courtesy and not getting one is no excuse if you lack the ability to organize yourself.

r15, Feb 21, 9:05pm
here's an idea, which i dont think would cost all that much and could work.

licenses expire after 10 years - good.ltsa (or whatever current acronym is) sends out a letter, just like they do to tell me i've just bought or sold a car.

you go to AA or whatever, fill in the renewal form, pay $50, a semi trained person comes out for a quick drive around a very short course - eg around the block or 5 minutes worth. this person wouldnt be a trained instructor (to keep costs down), but just someone with a few clues of the rules.

you drive around the block, if you crash, or nearly crash, or blatantly cock up all the road rules, you will be referred to re-sit a proper test,if all is well, you can continue and have your next 10 years of license issued to you.

this gives a "checkpoint" every 10 years of one's driving, so that the real shockers hopefully wont continue to slip through the system forever driving dangerously or obliviously

intrade, Feb 21, 9:31pm
go to court and ring fairgo to apear at the court also.

smac, Feb 21, 10:05pm
All these peoplebleating that they had a 'lifetime licence' (they were never actually called that) and that the government has broken some kinda (non-existent) contract.did you all bleat just as loud when the system went from a booklet you had to renew, to this 'lifetime' licence! Not alive then!

Stuff changes, grow up, deal with it. Actually I really hope one of you tries to take it to court.just so you have the opportunity for every single lawyer you approach to tell you where to go!