Whats a good car to buy for around 10k?

inkapuka, Jan 14, 7:38am
looking at altezzas a vy commy or a something euro has to be respectable and something that will last a for a few years and not cost as much as the car is worth in parts and maintenanceetc im 19 but not a boyracer so nothing that is turbo'd lookd at a later model lancer today was nice looking but was auto im stuck in a rut on what i want lol

morrisman1, Jan 14, 7:44am
An altezza is probably a good choice. Fast but not too fast, reliable, common, large enough to fit your mates and luggage - essential for road trips. Won't be overly thirsty and best of all it is not a multipla.

Seeing as your budget is that then I suspect that you can afford to run a car a bit nicer than a fuel miser and hence get something large enough and comfortable enough. A lancer is neither.

scotty20001, Jan 14, 7:44am
you cant go past a VY 3.8 i am just waiting for every other wa*ker to knock my suggestion but they do very high km if you look after them and are safe and solid to drive.

inkapuka, Jan 14, 7:50am
wel i curently drive a 98 toyota spacio goes well but not a good look fr me and well altezzas are to common there a way to many around its put me off them a bit but they must be good at least parts would be easy to get

inkapuka, Jan 14, 7:53am
any other suggestions! looked a a couple of swifts today they a tad dear but would be good for fuel etc

inkapuka, Jan 14, 7:55am
not a bmw fan ae
what sort of accord you mean !

morrisman1, Jan 14, 8:01am
like one of those accord Torneo, they are a sportier version. Apparently a thief magnet so GPS tracker would be recommended

inkapuka, Jan 14, 8:04am
nope dont want it then lol plus they fwd mainly after a rwd

morrisman1, Jan 14, 8:10am
Yea, that was what I was thinking of.

Are you after something sporty or something more of a cruiser!

grangies, Jan 14, 8:11am
If you are only 19 and want an Altezza or Commodore, then be prepared to pay high insurance.

rimmer.1, Jan 14, 8:11am
Nissan stagea look good and powerful, tones of room , get a great one for 10k.

mugenb20b, Jan 14, 8:13am
A Toyota Camry with a 2.4 litre engine, auction #417291340.

moosie_21, Jan 14, 8:16am
I agree, Altezza's are overpriced. We only knock you when you make inane comments.

inkapuka, Jan 14, 8:47am
why are altezzas so expensive sure they a re badged wth lexus but still they still expensive with heaps of kms on em

electromic, Jan 14, 9:29am
If I was 19 with 10k and wanting rwd, I would buy a v35 skyline.

sw20, Jan 14, 9:48am
Demand. They are the next DX Corolla.