Searching for seatbelt for toyota sprinter-no luck

mandy1968, Jan 16, 5:54am
Have called wreckers and car parts places and searched on parts for sale here but still no luck.
Does anyone out there have a drivers side seatbelt for a '95 AE100 !

unbeatabull, Jan 16, 6:42am
Sure its not AE101 your looking for!

gadgit3, Jan 16, 6:45am
Thought about fitting a new after market belt!

gadgit3, Jan 16, 6:47am
AE100 is a import sedan. Fitted with a 1.5L normally

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:14am
It is an import as far as I know. Sprinter SE Ltd. 1.5L. I looked under the bonnet and see the badge says AE100

kazbanz, Jan 16, 7:14am
mandy--I know a guy that sources belts out of japan
what you need to do is wright down ALL the letters and numbers written on the belt tag--Thats the little white cloth tab hanging off the bottom of the belt on the pillar

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:15am
Oooh! you got me wondering now.it's a recon motor so the original may have been AE101 !

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:16am
Have checked prices for new belts and so far looking at about $220 approx (different fittings though!)

kazbanz, Jan 16, 7:17am
THE CAR doesn't really matter--its the BELT that matters. :-)
One seatbelt can fit about 6 different models--the secret is finding out what yours fits.

kazbanz, Jan 16, 7:18am
heck thats cheaper than a second hand belt for a lot of late model stuff.
Look if you are lucky youll find a matching belt for anbout $150 which will fray the same as the old belt has---I'd go the extra for a new one then no more woirries

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:25am
Old one isn't frayed.it's not retracting.

kazbanz, Jan 16, 7:26am
well then thats easy to fix if its just the common issues.
--a clean up -a bit of lube in the right place and good as new

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:27am
How do I find out which ones fit!

mandy1968, Jan 16, 7:28am
True! I thought maybe the spring had busted or something! Do I just take it to a seatbelt place to get checked out!

kazbanz, Jan 16, 7:33am
Does it not retract at all or is it really slow and gutless!
Theres simple stuff YOU can do before going that far.
WASH the belt -PULL IT RIGHT OUT and scrub the bit from the wall as far as you can reach with HOT soapy water. SCRUB the bit of plastic that the belt seems to be coming out of with hot soapy water--you want to dissolve the body oils and grease -theres other easy stuff you can try but a wash often works wonders

twink19, Jan 16, 7:33am
seat belt services

moosie_21, Jan 16, 7:34am
Probably a Celica or Corolla one might fit. Just a matter of fitting and seeing.

unbeatabull, Jan 16, 8:21am
If its just slow to retract, clean all the gunk off the top runner and silicon lube the crap out of the belt, makes them retract like new in about 5 mins work (depending if/how much trim has to come off to get to top runner)

mandy1968, Jan 16, 9:34am
Thanks so far for all of your replies.
It was fully extended and would not retract at all.like it's jammed.