If price was no issue: Tesla Roadster or Elise?

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Jan 19, 1:58am
Neither ^ ^
Rather have the new Jag c-x16

wrong2, Jan 19, 3:07am
wow i would not have guessed that - the added stiffness of the roof isnt needed in your opinion !

if you had to choose, which series of elise do you prefer, surely the S2 is the more developed car !

esprit, Feb 9, 12:45am
In my above quote I was comparing the Elise to the Tesla, the Elise is the better drive. For the road, the Elise is a better drive than an Exige (deals with bumps better and has more usable power and more fun handling). for track work or for going stupidly fast, the Exige is the only way :)

The roof on the Exige adds near zero stiffness, a bolt-on hardtop for the Elise fastens in exactly the same way. at least for the S2 models.

As for S2 versus S1, if I was using it every day as one would use an MX-5 then an S2, but for a toy car for the weekend, the S1 is out and out quicker and more fun to drive. The downside is they're less refined and harder to live with. I've only ever owned S1s because for me it's a third car, but WHAT a third car! :)

pollymay, Feb 9, 1:02am
Buy 30 mr2s, cage them and start a series. 100x more fun than playing "I are better than thou" in my expensive to fix turd.

WINNING

moosie_21, Feb 9, 5:29am
Since money is no object, Henessy Venom GT for the win

esprit, Feb 9, 10:43am
That's funny, I've got loads of mates with MR2s who have spent more money fixing their Toyotas than I have my Lotuses :)