Bio diesel

scoobeey, Mar 10, 5:02am
have info on makin the stuff.Anyone know where to get raw product and how will it run toyota 2c n/t.

twaymouth, Mar 10, 5:07am
Get the raw product (oil / fat ) from the local takeaway shop, Be warned that if you use fat your biodiesel will gel in winter and cause issues. It runs really well in a 2c diesel, I used to run my corona on recycled canola oil. It must be really well filtered and any water removed first or you will stuff your injector pump very shortly.

scoobeey, Mar 10, 5:09am
There must be something to include to mix to stop fat solidifying!

twaymouth, Mar 10, 5:13am

serf407, Mar 10, 5:15am
You will be able to compare the cost of your product to the commercial biofuel.
http://www.biodiesel-nz.co.nz/

scoobeey, Mar 10, 5:20am
Cheers twaymouth for the link:)btw were you happy with the biodiesel you used and where did you get your canola oil from also do the chippy shops sell it to the likes of the "fat recyclers" so will be hard to get raw product!cheers for the help

twaymouth, Mar 10, 5:32am
Some places sell the oil and some are happy to give it to you just ask around a few places. I got my oil from a local place that did catering, I never made biodiesel from the oil I just filtered it and ran it straight, car never missed a beat. However you want to be really careful if you do this, Any water or bits in the oil and the car will die very shortly. Used canola oil also really stinks if it gets on anything or spills.

scoobeey, Mar 10, 5:37am
NOT intersested in commercial operation charging 143 a litre!may as well fill up at the pump!

intrade, Mar 10, 6:26am
forget biodiesel it is to hard to get rid of the water .
buy a rawpower centrifuge and clean waste oil and mix it 50% in summer and 20% max in winter

intrade, Mar 10, 6:27am
i run my hilux tractor in summer on 90% wmo

scoobeey, Jul 5, 6:49pm
ok where do i buy this contraption:) and the waste oilcheers