Good buy ya reckon? Its mint!

Page 1 / 3
neo_psy, Jan 21, 6:41am
Well, you've already bought it - but I guess so.

Looks like a bargain, though.

jason18, Jan 21, 6:42am
Yeah I was just saying it was a good buy haha

big.b-lil.c, Jan 21, 6:45am
hope you enjoy it, that's the only way to judge value for money.

jason18, Jan 21, 6:55am
Yeah we will. gotta sell the subaru now At least the falcon has a big boot.

clark20, Jan 21, 7:01am
I hate people calling a car with 182,000km on it immaculate, but hell, that one is pretty tidy. Probably the best for the year.

usdefault, Jan 21, 7:05am
Looks very nice. The money you saved on the Ford you probably lost on the Subaru

Good motoring if you get 5 years out of it.

cowboy110, Jan 21, 7:07am
im·mac·u·late
??

usdefault, Jan 21, 7:22am
A car can be immaculate despite the motor.

182K on a well looked after Falcon is nothing.

jason18, Jan 21, 7:25am
The subaru we swapped for a primera. So havent actually paid anything as such money wise but still we lost on the primera. But yeah happy with the falcon for sure.

nokiacellphone, Jan 21, 7:29am
never buy a car from a mechanic so they say :-)

skull, Jan 21, 7:34am
90% of the time "they" have no idea what they are talking about.

friendly_prawn, Jan 21, 7:37am
nothing like a trusty Falcon.
Bet it gives you many years of trouble free motoring.Mines a 1998 and I'm in no hurry to sell it. Reliable as.

clark20, Jan 21, 7:38am
Yes, but its not the motor, everything is worn from pedals, steering wheel, seats, suspension, gearbox. By definition something with that much wear cannot be immaculate. It can be in bloody good shape for it's age etc.

dave653, Jan 21, 7:46am
11.5l/100km! Our 3.8 Vn averages 9.4l/100km. Whats happened to the Val!

jason18, Jan 21, 7:57am
The Valiant! She is in the garage not selling her!. Did that ladies wedding today. Drove mint on the way there. played up all the way home backfiring, losing power etc. Bloody fuel filter! Was suppose to change it but forgot!

dave653, Jan 22, 6:06am
At least it happened on the way home though!

jason18, Jan 22, 6:28am
haha Yeah I was lucky. Still kept going tho good old girl.

crzyhrse, Jan 22, 6:32am
That's some very good buying. Well done.

snj11, Jan 22, 6:41am
Obviously a very well cared for car, spot the mint telstar in the garage

chris_051, Jan 22, 6:42am
A lot of car for the money. By pass the original in radiator trans cooler and fit an external one to the front of the radiator/air con condensor.

ryanm2, Jan 22, 6:56am
our 1998 VW Passat has about double the features of the Falcon, is safer, uses less fuel, probably equal boot space (ours being a wagon) and was half the price of this Falcon. I really like buying euro cars in this country.

tradingfreak360, Jan 22, 7:04am
Definately a good buy jason18

tradingfreak360, Jan 22, 7:07am
So your comparing a 98 Passat Wagon to a 03 Falcon!

chris_051, Jan 22, 7:26am
I would rather be in a crash in a Falcon than a Passat. Compare a base model Passat to this falcon and the features are similar. You forgot the passat wagons load space is a joke compared to a Flacon wagon. You also forgeot to mention the passat will fail to pull a drunken sailor off your sister even with the gutless 1.8t. You obviously haven't realisedthat the big Aussie 6s are capable of achieving low 7l/100km on the highway. They can also tow 2 tonne with ease, fit 5 adults and cover half a million km with minor R&M. You cannot compare a Passat to a Falcon, as an all rounder a Falcon shits all over it. Yep I like Euro cars but theres a reason why I like Aussie cars more.

tradingfreak360, Jan 22, 7:36am
You sir are my hero