Good buy ya reckon? Its mint!

Page 2 / 3
unbeatabull, Jan 22, 7:45am
The other 10% of the time they no dodgy workarounds to fix problems rather then spending money! lol

Good buy though Jason, if ya need to know anything on them I work on them everyday so feel free to shoot any questions my way

jason18, Jan 22, 8:06am
Cheers mate, I learnt alot with my AU wagon But will definately keep your username on file :)

nave12, Jan 22, 8:47pm
ryanm2 wrote:
our 1998 VW Passat has about double the features of the Falcon, is safer, uses less fuel, probably equal boot space (ours being a wagon) and was half the price of this Falcon. I really like buying euro cars in this country.[/quote

Lol!^^^^Had to have a giggle at that,that is a very straight coon for the price Jason18 and its still got hundreds of thousands of k's in it if serviced on a regular basis.

curlcrown, Jan 22, 9:38pm
I sold a car last week with 270000km that was immaculate. For the last 12 years it was insected every year and any thing that needed attention was fixed. So a car with 181000km on it can be immaculate. Converesly a car with 50000km on it can be knackered.

sifty, Jan 22, 9:43pm
I hate people saying a car with 182,000km can not be immaculate.

clark20, Jan 22, 10:14pm
So you could get in and drive this car and nothing, I mean nothing, would indicate that it was not new or near new. Obviously your meaning of immaculate is different to mine.

richardmayes, Jan 22, 10:22pm
Heh, there's always one malcontent no matter how harmless the thread.

Enjoy the car, dude. A Supercharged VX V6 would probably "$h!t all over it", but somehow I doubt you care about that.

friendly_prawn, Jan 22, 10:55pm
I have owned a 1998 Falcon and I have owned a 1998 VW Golf.
No comparison. The golf was an utter pile of dog pooze compared to the Falcon.

michael.benn, Jan 22, 11:39pm
jason you got a mint price man.

Good purchase!

Look's very tidy.

sifty, Jan 22, 11:46pm
I think it is obvious you know what neither 'immaculate' nor 'mint' means.

jason18, Jan 23, 1:04am
'

hahaha Na doesnt worry me still has 180kw standard so im happy with that. Might flick some headers on it. Already have some 17s of a BA xr6 to go on her. Just need to tint it for the kids

nave12, Jan 23, 3:46am
Jason18 throw on a power bulge,xr6 side skirts,front and rear spoilers and you got a mean as lookin ride my man.Jealous much!.

ryanm2, Jan 23, 7:12am
I understand all that, also, this wasn't a falcon wagon. I was implying the boot space of a Passat wagon is probably similar to that of a Falcon sedan. - i was replying to the poster that stated "its a lot of car for the money' . My car was half the price and has more 'features'. I used to own a falcon whilst living in aussie, have owned a vr commy here and i do like the bigger aussie cars, especially if you are a 1 car family (we are, ihave a work van). I always end up browsing VY and later commodores, but hell they aint cheap overhere.

clark20, Jan 23, 7:38am
The argumentative type huh!

yeah I do, and I do not wish to argue about my opinion. And "mint" is a slang term, not the same as stating "mint condition"

jason18, Jan 24, 11:05am
Picked the car up today. Honestly loos like its only done 20.000kms Its in awesome condition! Doest even have a supermarket dent on it. Motor looks like its brand new. Unbelievable!

sifty, Jan 24, 7:07pm
well done, great buy.

friendly_prawn, Jan 24, 7:20pm
now for the scarey part. Whats your other one going to sell for!
Got my fingers and toes crossed for you jason. You're a brave brave man.

rovercitroen, Jan 24, 7:49pm
Suby looks very nice - might be tempted to have a bid myself.

bellky, Jan 24, 7:57pm
agree - looks mint.

will be a good car for you for as long as you want it i bet.

friendly_prawn, Jan 24, 7:58pm
The beauty of bidding on that subby, you know its going to have no hidden issues. .
:-)

jason18, Jan 24, 8:13pm
Haha very true been offered 7k to withdraw from auction etc. Haha gonna let it just go for it and hopefully get over 6.3. Subaru goes awesome just to small for us

scotty20001, Jan 24, 9:31pm
i am surprised you didn't suggest a steaming pile of s**t accord instead! your not right in the head are you mayes! if i was looking for a car i would have also brought that Falcon for the money simply sh*ts on an accord that is supposedly worth twice as much, a 2.4l accord euro wouldn't pull wrong2 of mayes.

scotty20001, Jan 24, 9:38pm
no offence mate i like Passats and a family member drives a 2.3L V5 very nice quiet soft riding car but certainly wouldn't out pull a Falcon 6 (believe me i have tried)it did out pull an accord thai though not bad for a heavy car with 100cc less engine capacity (maybe it was mayes i thrashed on that merging lane) who knows but he seems to have a bee in his bonnet the moment you suggest anything can out pull his beloved 2.4l accord, i haven't seen a 1.8t Passat with cruise control yet even our V5 doesn't have it so the Falcon is better spec in that regard

phillip.weston, Jan 24, 11:58pm
It's probably been repainted, I believe that colour was prone to paint peeling within the first few years and Ford had to repaint many cars under warranty.

jason18, Jan 25, 1:02am
Mean! I thought it was blueprint tho