Daihatsu Charade 94 door lock.

mr_lovebug, Mar 18, 10:55pm
It is getting hard to open/lock,any one know if this a common problem!

It's not my car,it's the flatmate & they had aftermarket cerntral locking put in,but that is NOT the problem,the old push rod that you use to lock/open it from inside the car is harder to push than it should be (after checking with the other doors).

Have used a fair amount of CRC to the point that it is now dripping OUT of the bottom of the car door,has not really made much difference so far.

Any thoughts are welcomed.Thanks for looking at this.

intrade, Mar 18, 10:57pm
well remove the door panel you said already the rod is hard to push it be the mechanism that needs lubingand not the lock.

mr_lovebug, Mar 18, 10:59pm
I have already done that,I have used loads of crc from inside the door.

It's still hard to pust/pull.

intrade, Mar 18, 11:05pm
well find out where it is hard to move, maybe its worn out . or bent etc.

mr_lovebug, Mar 18, 11:12pm
I have been looking & not 100% sure what the problem is with it in the door & not having a good one to compare it too.

I know I have the other doors but the passenger door is also harder than the rear door locks.Wonders if that will also be next to play up!

intrade, Mar 18, 11:18pm
well remove the whole mechanism and see if all works fine door lock door handle etc. make sure you can reassemble it corrct again rods are usualy hold on by plasticclips that can be undone then rod pulls out of slot.

mr_lovebug, Mar 18, 11:23pm
Will go & have anther look at soon,just taking a break & lookig for a replacement in case this is unfixable.

Not sure what I am doing & trying to work it free with crc is the least/most I can do.

I now recall why I am 100% keen to work on cars all day long. CRC smells so bad,& don't wash off ethier. lol.

mr_lovebug, Mar 19, 12:35am
I wonder if the door motor from the after market unit is casuing drag.

It's still harder than I like. Compaired to back doors.

intrade, Mar 19, 12:41am
could be .

mr_lovebug, Aug 3, 3:56am
Being playing with it most of the day & letting CRC soak into it.

Still not much better.

Might look for another lock/catch & try that.
If that NOT work then I will look at droping out the motor & replacing that,using abck door one.

Does that sound like a good plan!