Parking sensors - any good?

pandai, Jun 29, 9:50am
Some kits are better than others.Disappointing when you learn about their shortfalls the hard way.But once you're used to them and understand how they behave they're good.

doriandarby, Jun 29, 9:52am
Dont label me a "johnf" or anything, but my name is Dorian Darby - sad to say
:(

Anyway - I dont want to mount anything on the dash so a reversing camera is out of it.Its just that for some reason I find it hard to judge how much room there is at the back of the car when reversing, especially parallel parking.Rather than use my towbar as a guide I was hoping these sensors would be better.

But drilling 4 holes in a perfectly good bumper seems like motoring suicide if the outcome isnt worth it.

doriandarby, Jun 29, 9:53am
Can you recommend a good kit at all!The one that I linked to - is that good or bad in your opinion!

Ta!

mugenb20b, Jun 29, 9:56am
Johnf_456, I totally agree with your reply.

doriandarby, Jun 29, 9:58am
Aha, good point.Didnt think of that.

illusion_, Jun 29, 10:48am
You can get a very good reversing camera setup on here that the "screen" simply clips over the interior rear veiw mirror. Camera on (automatically) in reverse. take car out of reverse and screen turns off and is now a mirror. Your problem is solved.
Well mine was . in two vehicles.

r15, Jun 29, 11:29am
my old 1990 hiace came with a factory fitted pair in the back bumper, only useful for the back, not sides.

it had 3 stages of beeping and 1 light which lit up in time with the beeps, worked REALLY well, as it gets difficult to see out the back of a van full of equipment!

when the beeps went solid you had about 70mm before the tongue of the tow bar would make contact

the 'control module' for it was about A4 paper sized and about 40mm thick. - amazing technology for 1990!

meathead_timaru, Aug 13, 5:53pm
Learn to drive.