Oxygen Sensors from China

eddie14, Mar 24, 3:39am
Has anyone out there fitted these to their vehicle, if so any problems?

intrade, Mar 24, 4:17am
its best to use oem parts like this unless you can test its performance and functions with a scope

budgel, Mar 24, 6:09am
From forums I have visited I get the impression that the quality control is a bit hit and miss. Some report good results, others get a dud.

tony461, Mar 25, 8:14am
Just my experience.
After a diagnosis from an auto electrician saying my MAS (Mass airflow or Oxygen sensor) was knackered, I got one from Alibaba (China). Made no difference to the fault. It could have been a wrong diagnosis, or a faulty MAS.

So, I bought an OBDII reader from Alibaba to check the diagnostic fault codes myself. Unfortunately, the first model stored in the reader is the next model on from mine. It didn't handshake or recognise my car.

Solution, bought newer car.

budgel, Mar 25, 9:31pm
The ultimate swapatron!

bigfatmat1, Mar 26, 7:45am
probably poor diagnosis. Not fixing the problem so blame the part for being faulty.

bigfatmat1, Mar 26, 7:46am
so you didn't replace o2 sensor. Sounds more like a poor guess as opposed to a diagnosis

jason_247, Mar 26, 9:09am
ive found the tridon ones are a good middle ground as far as price and quality.

you can often get them up to 30% cheaper if you buy them without the factory specific plug and match the wires yourself.

budgel, Mar 26, 8:54pm
Bigfatmat,, so are you saying Chinese Oxygen sensors are all OK?

tgray, Mar 27, 12:26am
What would you buy?
A brand new aftermarket oxygen sensor for a 2002 corolla or a second hand original part one from a wreckers.
Which would you choose? (about the same price).

intrade, Mar 28, 6:02am
i would see what a geniuen toyota one costs there is aguy selling oem toyota parts on here
also you should find out if you even need a oxigen sensor. also you dont know that the upstream sensor can also be a air fuel ratio sensor not a oxigen sensor. air fuel ratio sensor work exacly oposite of oxigen sensor signal outputs.

tgray, Apr 8, 4:05pm
Genuine Toyota part $345
After market new part $148
Second hand genuine part $115

I put a second hand part in and all good.