Cars Idling rough and no power.Help please

mcgra845, Jun 26, 3:31am
I've got a 88 Ford Laser and having been running around in it today no probs, put $20 of 91 in it bout half an hour ago and started noticing it had no power on the hills, and now is idling rough and has virtually no power and need to be in 2nd gear to get up a hill I could normally take in 3rd. Anyone know what may have caused this! I run 91 in it always and have had no probs before this, got it from the Caltex at the end of North Road Dunedin. Or is it not fuel related at all. TIA

strobo, Jun 26, 3:37am
Check for fuel flow delivery/quality of fuelto the carburetor, fuel filter,
Pull the fuel line off at carb side of the filterfor this & have some one crank it over while holdingthe hose into a coke bottle or similar container take off about 5oomls , Preferablynot while the engine is hot , be careful ,
RIng the garage mention the prob in case its a fuel quality thing others may have had same day, assuming as itonly happened as u say since you put fuel in it

andy61, Jun 26, 5:58am
Some of the Lasers are known for burning out the ignition module in the dizzy,causing lack of power and rough idle,have it checked out

neville106, Jun 26, 6:36am
i am in Dunedingive me a call and i may be able to help you. Hm or meet in a public place somewhere and i can have a look at your car

snoopy221, Jun 26, 8:42am
I'd go back to the fuel station and DOUBLE check the receipt.
For 2 reasons-1) ya may have put diesel in it
2) sometimes gas stations CAN get a fill from a tanker just been cleaned and full of water.
K.

snoopy221, Jun 26, 9:21am
She's a TAD DARK oootsoide.
end of the day the micro-m at the gasser will tell the story-IMHO
(EASY TO MISS SMOKE FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT AT NIGHT CHANGIN DOOON GOIN UP! HILLS.)
My money is with bob1120 on this one.

neville106, Jun 27, 12:17am
Woke up today and thought. Whats the chance of it being condensation on the Distributor cap ! Causing spark leakage, specially under load going up a hill.

craig70, Jul 31, 1:09pm
Had a 89 laser that did this turned out to be a rubber stopper came off buy the carby, open bonnet and have a look under r/h side of air cleaner you will see a small tube that looks like a fuel or vacuum line should go on it, just block this off and car should run properly again this may help!