Holden/Toyota

antwerp87, Jun 19, 11:57pm

pandai, Jun 20, 12:03am
Not if you read it to the bottom.

antwerp87, Jun 20, 12:08am
Lol well done on catching that one. (wanted to see how many would actually read the whole thing.)

johnf_456, Jun 20, 12:19am
A very interesting read op

antwerp87, Jun 20, 12:35am
But on a serious note, The whole re badging etc is weird (I know it was to reduce importing etc but still) Isuzu Mu was badged as a Honda Jazz lol.
The Holden Commodore = Toyota Lexcen
Nissan Patrol = Ford Maverick
Holden Barina = Suzuki Swift
Toyota Camry = Holden Apolo
Toyota Corolla = Holden Nova.

franc123, Jun 20, 12:37am
It had to be an April fools joke, it didn't work the first time and wouldn't work today either.The sales of the bland ugly twins (Lexcen and Apollo) were terrible compared to Commodore and Camry.Under the Button plan Ford also sold rebadged U12 Nissan Pintara/Bluebirds as Corsairs and XF Falcon utes were sold as Nissan utes with equally terrible results.I think the author of that article was also pisstaking to a degree by implying that Toyota buyers are so dull and unimaginative that they would be accepting of a severely detuned engine and drab colourschemes.

antwerp87, Jun 20, 12:42am
They sure were. Altho I did see quite a few in Aus while I was there. I wonder when people were buying them new if they realised it wasnt really a holden or a toyota. (if you know what i mean) It would suck if you found out you could get a better version of the car for the same price badged by theoriginal maker.

vtecintegra, Jul 3, 8:04am
You couldn't though, actually due to really poor sales the Apollo you could usually get a far better deal over at the Holden dealership.

I really don't see why the article counts as a joke, what genuinely counts as a joke is the Daewoo rebadges Holden sold/sells (admittedly they are getting better but the Barina, Viva, Epica were terrible cars)