New Alpine car stereo - no clock?

ryanm2, Jun 12, 2:41am
purchased the alpine cde 121e. does this thing even have a clock! Looked on google but not much info. Cheers.

ryanm2, Jun 12, 4:50am
Sorted - the Alpine car stereo i purchased has no clock. Who would have thought a stereo that retails for $299 has no clock. Caught Norman Ross out who are going to exchange it.

807, Jun 12, 5:01am
why do you need a clock on a car stereo, anyway.all cars have a clock of their own ! .just wondering .

ryanm2, Jun 12, 5:07am
no they dont - Many cars dont have clocks. Just in our family - my legacy doesn't, my mothers commodore has inbuilt one in stereo and same with my brother. Even my work van only has a clock on the stereo.

807, Jun 12, 5:32am
I'm amazed.I thought all cars had their own clock .apparently not ! There you go.you learn something every day here on Trade Me .

johnf_456, Jun 12, 7:00am
Not a lot do, they are often built into the radio now days, so if no radio no clock.

richms, Jun 12, 8:42am
the annoying thing I found with the radio's clock is that it gets set by RDS, and some of the retard stations like george fm couldnt get their crap together with setting their clock correctly, so it was always wrong on the stereo.

gtrnut, Jun 13, 1:42am
No offence but I gotta watch -no problems with that

ryanm2, Jun 13, 2:27am
Im a sparky so in the habit of not wearing watches. I swapped over the unit for a cheaper Panasonic one. Norman Ross all good about it. I have a clock now.

ringo2, Jun 6, 7:14pm
Never had a car in the last 20 years that didn't have a clock.apart from a Charger.