4 lights on low beam

Page 1 / 2
poorpeter, Jun 11, 2:08am
thought this was ilegal to many tossers doing this $150 fine why dont the cops enforce this!

flybye_in_a_rx7, Jun 11, 2:10am
why does it bother you so much!

poorpeter, Jun 11, 2:12am
cos i got a low sports car and they come up behind me and blind me in the mirror

rod525, Jun 11, 2:17am
Get a large spotlight facing backwards and turn it on when it happens to you if it bothers you so much.

crzyhrse, Jun 11, 2:17am
More than one pair of dipped beam headlamps. yes. For most classes of most years, but not all.

However, you're probably confusing headlamps with fog lamps but they should start hammering people for incorrect use of them too and for turning into the incorrect lane of a road with more than one lane. They did a little blitz of that a few years back but it needs to be a sustained effort to educate the ignorant driving public.

vtecintegra, Jun 11, 2:17am
That has more to do with where the lights are aimed rather than the number of them.

crzyhrse, Jun 11, 2:19am
And sitting low in a sports car exaggerates it.

gunhand, Jun 11, 4:20am
They used to annoy the crap out of me to when I was night driving, It was fine till I reached Oamaru as there wasnt that many cars but after that and at 6am theres alot of people going to work and after allready driving 300 odd kms having car after car with missaligned lights shining in your eyes gets quite tireing. It was worse on wet nights as the bloody road signs (the bigger ones) used to reflect back on you as well. Might be different for trucks but when you in a ute its hard work after a while.
So yea, pain in the eyeballs.

gman35, Jun 11, 7:26am
You are talking about Falcon XR / FPV and Commodore SS / HSV's aren't you ! considering most of them are in typical bad taste (overly bright)Australian designed colours you would'nt think extra lights are needed.

gofer0007, Jun 11, 7:45am
So true, so many bone heads out there driving with fog lights on and errr ummm no fog! most other countries fine you for this too.

mugenb20b, Jun 11, 9:37am
I use my (factory) fog lights all the time, their beams are wide and low. They illuminate the road better, would you believe it! I don't see why so many people are bothered by them, I don't mind other cars having them on at night.

gammelvind, Jun 11, 10:27am
I agree, the fogs do add that extra bit of light. I was stopped once at a check point and the cop told me to turn them off as it was illegal to have more than 2 lights dipped lights on.

crzyhrse, Jun 12, 1:34am
Tripe. Fog lights do not illuminate any part of the road that you should be looking at while driving at anything other than very low speed - the ground immediately in front of the vehicle and their very use lowers the vision of yourself and of other drivers due to the close proximity of area being illuminated.

How would you know people aren't bothered by them! Have some consideration.

mugenb20b, Jun 12, 1:46am
They illuminate more of what's on the side of the road, hence why I have them on. The more I see the better, and sorry, I don't have tunnel vision.

mugenb20b, Jun 12, 1:47am
I never said they aren't. I said I can't see HOW they are bothered by them, because, they never bother ME when other people have them on.

zephyrheaven, Jun 12, 4:10am
I miss my 6 burning lamps in my old sports car (309GTI) ha ha

big.b-lil.c, Jun 12, 4:54am
because two wrongs make a right!

crzyhrse, Jun 12, 5:18am
The effect of increased well lit close proximity areas is at the expense of vision in the distance. You can't escape that fact no matter how you try to spin it.

rob_man, Jun 12, 5:24am
They piss me off too, most of them are pretty feeble but there are a few types of car (Subarus spring to mind) which have fairly piercing foglamps.

richms, Jun 12, 8:43am
Im more pissed off by the rear ones that people have no idea they have on.

That and idiots in european cars that park with the kerb side park and tail lights on because they are mentally deficient to choose the correct side when parking.

antwerp87, Jun 12, 8:47am
I remember when I was last doing WOF's you were allowed fog lights on with your head lights. It wasnt illegal. And if you did have 2 sets of low beam lights they had to be wired so that when one was on the other was off. Is this still the case now! If it is then you can not be fined for it.

richms, Jun 12, 8:51am
WOF defines what a car can and cannot have on it, not how they are used.

pup2, Jun 12, 8:53am
Still isn't illegal, but that was last month when i got my warrant

pup2, Jun 12, 8:55am
So why do they fail you if you have fog lights on your car that don't work, and then tell you to remove them or make them work correctly to pass your warrant! Just a question. Don't shot the messenger

johnf_456, Jun 12, 8:59am
No, you cannot use fog light when it is not foggy they are very blinding and distracting which is why the police ticket people for it. Its a case of me, myself and I.