L200 problem

max.headroom, Jun 8, 8:01am
Starts great,, idles well ,,but after 10 ---50 Km it will start running lumpy and wont idle and cuts out when you stop,eg lights ,,intersection,, once on the open road all OK, next stop all good , then randomly does it again, Any thoughts

max.headroom, Jun 8, 8:12am
Anybody out there

tcos, Jun 8, 8:13am
I FEEL ALL ALONE OHHHHHHH!

max.headroom, Jun 8, 8:16am
Me2

rob_man, Jun 8, 8:22am
Is it an old one! does it have a condenser!
Condensers will cause those symptoms and they self repair before collapsing again.

max.headroom, Jun 8, 8:27am
1990 l 200 sport 2.6

bubbles52, Jun 8, 8:51am
The carbs on those give trouble all the time, ive sold many reconditioned ones.

toxicgreen., Jun 8, 11:25pm
Can you just drop a 302 ford V8 in! They have a better carb.

max.headroom, Jun 9, 12:28am
Bad help is worse than no help, and i,d rather have herpes than own a ford

jrlaw, Jun 9, 12:52am
Check the ignition Leads,dist cap bit in the centre of the cap for burn off and rotor. You will always get wollies who do not help at all.

budgel, Jun 9, 5:47am
Does it have an electrical connectionon the side of the carb!
If so, clean it and make sure it is tight.

toxicgreen., Jun 9, 6:01am
Feel all alone huh! Like twrice you said that,To much time on yr hands! Herpes on the mind, far out.tell someone who cares.Ford make a good carbi

max.headroom, Jun 9, 6:33am
Twrice,, Could you look up your ford dictionary and tell me what that means,, I always thought FORD mean,tFix Or Repair Daily

max.headroom, Jun 9, 6:36am
Cheers , Will check that

mopar63, Jun 9, 6:56am
also blow the jets out, the primary onemay be getting blocked,when out on the open road the secondaries may be open a bit masking the problem,a squirt of carby clean may do the trick to,worth a go, may need pulling to bits completely

elvis58, Jun 9, 7:05am
This is good advise, that solenoid can be prone to stopping and cause the fault here.It should have a plug, if your leave the key turned on and pull the plug you should get a loud click if it's working. Ute will not idle when warm with this part crook.