What tools are needed to change fuel filter

cuda.340, Jun 6, 12:36am
a big MF screw driver & keep a hammer handy as a back up.

toyboy3, Jun 6, 12:47am
I realise those tools will help remove,but I want to replace and destroying the fittings doesn't help for reassembly

tatts2, Jun 6, 12:57am
Its a bit hard to explain but the 2nd pic the blue bit has to be pushed out on the end which opens the bit inside. There is a lip inside and pull it back at the same time.
If that helps we do them all the time at work i work at ford.

carmedic, Jun 6, 1:06am
There is a special tool to get them off it looks like someone has already had ago with the screwdriver!
What makes you think that filters due for changing! ???.
You need to push the connector on further this loosens the coloured collar (that holds it on), you then push the releasing tool in under the collar and can pull it off. Once you understand how it works its easier to find a Macgyver method of getting them off, once off them simply push onto the new filter.

elect70, Jun 6, 1:58am
Yep filter removal toolbut if its on real tight then it may just crush the can(assuming it is a can )or big pair of stilsons

intrade, May 12, 5:52pm
thy work by pushing forwrd then back dont use tools use the hands and dont root the clip like it looks like you started doing with a screwdriver. Clamp off the supply hose with a fuel hose clamp or vice grip if the line is rubber pipe. if its plastic then it likely wont leak the whole tank empty but make sure to let pressure out of the tank by opening the fuel cap first before remocal of the filter.