Smell The Whisky Burning Down Copperhead Road

Page 1 / 2
NZTools, May 27, 8:59am
Yikes!.

Me just found a new hobby.

mouse_y, May 27, 8:59am
pop pop

snoopy221, May 27, 9:00am
Steve Earle wld be prouda dat1.she's the visual-of the machine 4 sure.
don't need 2 though-LOL

jasongroves, May 27, 9:00am
Now that is COOL.
Haven't brewed in a while but I'm not too bad at it.just to blow my own horn since no one else will;(
I'm currently sitting here with quite a nice wee home brew whiskey.whiskey+soda+TM stirring.we will see.

jasongroves, May 27, 9:01am
Feel free to send some my way.I will pay for postage of course.

zephyrheaven, May 27, 9:02am
I cant even believe the detail, I might just buy it so I can perch it somewhere nice

NZT mate, youd be good at it - its in your blood - Hokonui aint far from Lawrence!

jasongroves, May 27, 9:03am
Would look good in the workshop;)

zephyrheaven, May 27, 9:03am
Mate, I had 4 glasses one night with him (I can put away a bit of silly juice without after affects) but I was laid out like a teenager after a Miami winecooler from that stuff, he doesnt even know what %age it is but it makes his car run better

for_an_angel, May 27, 9:05am
Next to the waist oil burner lolbetter get the young feller onto it with the autosol

zephyrheaven, May 27, 9:07am
shhhhhhhh about the waste oil burner, I dont want to jinx it but after 3 months guess what - its BAAAAACK - liqufaction + Kroll = bad

Just got to plumb in the chimney now, the old patio heater isnt cutting the mustard with these chilly mornings lol

jasongroves, May 27, 9:08am
Lol.came out of my old still at 90% (which you water down to desired %), but I used to keep a wee hip flask of the full strength and put it in my pocket when I went to the pub.
Amazing how long you can make one handle of Coke last;)

NZTools, May 27, 9:09am
True that. I could take up pickling vital organs again. lol

for_an_angel, May 27, 9:10am
Feel for ya man. we had a cold one this morning. got to work at 6.30 to the thermo gauge in the ute reading 18deg. lol got wet stuff falling from the sky tho

NZTools, May 27, 9:10am
Snoop. Email me. Wife has replaced all the computers, and only backed up HER address book.

im_andrew, May 27, 9:12am
I have a stillspirits still up in new plymouth, quite a cool little unit. Havent used it in a couple of years as I just dont have the time for it anymore

zephyrheaven, May 27, 9:14am
I couldnt work in that heat, anything over 7 & Im in shorts & shirt sleeves - I never complain about the cold (love it) but I choose to make the workshop more temperate so my hands dont stick to the spanners

snoopy221, May 27, 9:22am
pete get off ya ass and drive down to ya mail box.if ya get back and ya ain't got mail i'll ping ya on face book.

for_an_angel, May 27, 9:22am
Haha fair enough I'm not looking forward to the cold hitting us. makes it harder to push the boat off the ramp when I don't want my feet wet lol

zephyrheaven, May 27, 9:23am
You are the living end FAA! ha ha

snoopy221, May 27, 9:23am
Ya DO know what per cent ya puttin out.AND ya can brew beer at 10 per cent.(That usually lands a few-LOL)

snoopy221, May 27, 9:25am
boatAYE! not the ole hongi wiff da kon tiki!

for_an_angel, May 27, 9:27am
Still got the kontiki (for when the waters too cold lol) but got me a 17ft fishing machine for every other weekend lol

unclejake, May 27, 11:15am
Oh my. That does look interesting.

As luck would have it I set up the welder for 316SS earlier this year (for the free-diving death contraption). A still would be a tempting sidetrack indeed.

Damn it! Why is it that when you have the tools, skill and money to do the things you have always wanted to you simply don't have the time!

pollymay, May 27, 6:40pm
I do, mine is less.pretty, than that one. I have an old beer keg with an old copper plate flipped upside down soldered to the main reflux pipe which goes up to and offset head. I was pestered to make a bokabob or whatever those inline ones are called rather than offset but the bit of copper fit offset and was an old $10 one off trademe that used to fill a toilet. The cooling coil is 3/8 tubing I got cheap and is supplied by a cheap trademe aquarium pump that recirculates water while I dump icepacks in it every now and again to keep the temp consistent or switch it out if I run out.

Haven't made anything for a bit but depending on how hot I ran and what packing anything from a 40% nice whiskey deep in the hearts to 90% firewater that you could run the car on lol

sir-ben, May 27, 7:08pm
pollymay, that sounds a fair bit like my set-up, rocking the fish-pond pump, except i went for a full stainless steel build, even took it to the engineers to purge weld the whole lot, looks stunning and produces some lovely stuff, why does everyone use elements now-days, i'm a diehard gas lover (camping stove modified to boil the keg)