Mazda lantis help please

thurzday, May 23, 12:27am
i have a v6 mazda lantis which ran out of petrol i have not been able to start it since i have checked the main fuel line and it has petrol coming out have also checked that it has spark can anyone help me please it would be much appreciated thankyou

thurzday, May 23, 1:19am
any ideas at all

satans_child_nz, May 23, 4:18am
disconnect the return fuel line and try start it, also try start the car on full throttle, keep turning the engine for say 10 seconds, if it sounds like it is not firing then u could try some 'start ya bastard' you can buy at repco, spray it into the air intake then start the car again.

franc123, May 23, 5:26am
As above, check what the fuel flow is doing at the RETURN line, not the supply line.You may have to power up the pump by bridging out the relay so you get accurate readingsIf its not flowing nicely and delivering about a cupful in 10 seconds the pump has probably been damaged.Never ever run injected cars out of fuel!

thurzday, May 23, 5:51am
duh where would i find a return fuel line

bigfatmat1, May 23, 6:17am
flooded! spark dissapearing under load ie faulty rotor or coil. these are common problems. low fuel pressure!

thurzday, May 24, 6:49am
the car was running perfectly well went up to shop when i returned from shop i started the car up it started fine but when i was reversing it stopped i tried to start it it sounded like it was out of petrol it tries to start now and again but just wont fire up

richms, May 24, 11:37am
Was it actually out of petrol or did the car just break and you conicidentally had a low tank!

thurzday, Mar 31, 3:09am
no it was definately out of petrol