Mazda Premacy.Any known problems

wags7, Apr 5, 8:50am
We have had a 2002 mazda premacy for 9 months,Love the car but it has had it's fair share of problems,has had thermostate go,fan belt snap,transmission go and now abs and handbrake light stay on,it has done around 80,000 ks.

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:04am
11 months later.

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:07am
Maintenace items like these will all fail at some point, as for the transmission, have you had it serviced, has it ever been serviced in the past! Have you been towing heavy loads, etc!

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:10am
ABS light can come on for many reasons, usually faulty or dirty sensors.

Handbrake light! Have you checked the brake fluid level! Failing that, a squirt of CRC on the handbrake light switch will fix it.

wags7, Apr 5, 9:27am
HAD TRANSMISSION SERVICED,BUT STILL PACKED UP WAS 1300 for that and have had the abs looked at and need a module,i think you answered me in another post lol,Just think we bought a lemon.we keep up maintenace and service,had cam belt done and also an engine mount had gone,never towed anything,it is just a car for work and to take kids to school etc

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:30am
Yes, you had it serviced, but how was the transmission treated in the past! 80k in NZ! If it's an import, how many laps has it done around Mt Fuji!

On the other hand, those Mazdas (like Familias, Capellas and shit) never made sturdy transmissions. They were weak, some did high k's but a lot failed early.

wags7, Apr 5, 9:32am
Have had it in the shop and they put it on the machine that scans it and says the problems ,and they said its an open circuit in the abs module and they ssaid it can't be fixed as it's a sealed unit,so have to get a knew module for the car,Warrant is due in a week and it will fail it

wags7, Apr 5, 9:34am
never know how it was treated before,We had a nissan presage and never had a problem with that car at all,we just wanted domething cheaper to run.

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:35am
Damn.maybe you got one of those cars that was built on a Friday afternoon after a long lunch brake and shots of Sake.

mugenb20b, Apr 5, 9:37am
I looked at buying a Premacy 7 seater, the early model, but then discovered that rearmost passengers would have NO legroom at all, so didn't go ahead with it. Nice cars though.

74nova, Apr 5, 6:55pm
We got a 1999, had it for about 3 years, ok cars but has lots of road noise when on the motorway. We've had to replace the rubber intake tube as it cracked, have a small leak fixed in the radiator and when we first got it the idle was up and down when sittiing at the lights, dealer had it looked at twice but each time came back to same. I looked at it one day and found an air leak at the intake manifold, replaced the gasket and has been good ever since. And the cup holder broke, there just a stupid design.

oraki2, May 4, 2:59am
Looking at buying one.2005-07 Getting rid of our Chariot.hopefully. Are they a reliable bus. Don't get on here much but your comments would be appreciated

ct9a, May 4, 3:15am
v6!

oraki2, May 4, 3:25am
Not to sure. Only kicking tyres at the mo.Haven't seen many around and was just wondering if they were any good or timebombs[money pits] cheers

oraki2, May 4, 4:07am
We've gotta 98 chariot and are looking for something similar. Liked the look of split rear seat to make 'boot' bigger. Only gonna be kids in back so not to much of an issue. They also look more like a car than most of the other peoplemovers

oraki2, May 4, 4:16am
Haven't seen many later models around but will look into them.Ones I have seen look fairly small, but open to ideas.Would like Toyota if my 275 km hilux which hasn't cost a cent is anything to go by

trouser, May 4, 4:58am
May I recommend a Honda edix if you are not going to cart around more than six people. Much larger boot than a premacy with one of its rear seats down.

oraki2, May 7, 10:25am
Been looking abitand found an MPV but heard they are pretty thirsty. I know you can't have it both ways but.

fordcrzy, May 7, 10:39am
they have NO space in the boot with the back seats up. not even a cheap wharehouse stroller will fit in there. look at a toyota ipsum instead

oraki2, May 17, 10:03pm
Got an Ipsum coming. Guess 'google' is ya best friend. Spent day in Chch driving some and have ordered one thru Toyota SBT. Abit dearer but with backup and a 'free' 4 yr warrenty can't go to far wrong. Thanks for pointing me in that direction

apple, Mar 23, 5:49am
Would you advise me to buy a Mazda premacy, automatic car?