In car power supply-1 cig lighter but 3 devices :(

cantab1971, May 14, 1:44am
just wondered if there was an easy solution to this. I got the GPS plugged into the cig lighter but i want to add a reversing camera and they all seem to need the same power supply, not to mention the phone charger.don't want a big tangle of crap at the front of the car and plugging things in and out all the time.has anyone solved this problem in theirs! cheers

pericles, May 14, 1:45am
what kind of car.
i found another power supply tucked away out of sight in my car

kcf, May 14, 1:48am

sifty, May 14, 2:27am
buy an XF Fairmont.

fiatracer, May 14, 2:30am
any auto sparky can wire in a power supply - I've had this done for radar as my current car has cig lighter way down by handbrake. The cable runs from fusebox up behind dash and pops out at base of screen.just leave the shortest needed bit of cable accessible to plug in device. would make sense to run two cables at same time, each one with whatever plug you need.

illusion_, May 14, 3:02am
Exactly. Why on earth would one not!

jokerboss, May 14, 3:35am
have you tried this site called trademe.co,.nz! might be able to find a triple adapter you can hide under the dash.

bitsy_boffin, May 14, 4:24am
Just careful with hardwiring that you check that the ciggy splug supplied with the product is just straight through 12v, some output 5v, if you just cut it off and wire it into the 12v supply, the magic smoke will escape.

johnf_456, May 14, 4:28am
Yup just hard wire the reversing camera.

rlr29, May 14, 8:45am
I have an 1=3 adaptor that I can list.Plugs into Cig. Lighter and has 3x Cig. Lighter output.

a18a, May 15, 4:05am
haha thats one thing i miss about our old one

clark20, May 15, 4:33am

m16d, May 15, 6:04am
Ha yea.Had a XF new in 85[ I think ] It had cig lighters everywhere.

johnf_456, May 15, 6:51am
They sure are

cantab1971, May 15, 7:46am
thanks all. hardwiring one or more gadgets seems the way to go.i'm not going behind the dash myself tho. recipe for disaster. will try to find someone on north shore that wants to do a cashie. appreciate the replies.

johnf_456, Feb 21, 4:47pm
Yup hard wire is the way to go