Help please toyota townace van over heating

Page 2 / 3
johnf_456, May 13, 7:46am
How so by pointing out there is a cert process that is worth while investigating to make sure the engine swap is fully legal. It would be more of a moron to change an engine to larger size and not do your homework.

mrfxit, May 13, 7:54am
Over 20% increase in total HP from OEM
ANY .increase of cc rating above OEM

Technically a 60thou rebore would make that engine illegal

Not got the figures at hand but the transplant would be something like 10% increase on torque (maybe 20% hp overall)

As long as everything is std & a direct bolt in, then theres a very big chance that insurence wouldn't be bothered with the difference.
They generally only bother to question when the extra HPor poor fitment could have or did cause the crash

johnf_456, May 13, 7:56am
Yup provided you do your homework on the power difference its sweet.

mrfxit, May 13, 7:59am
Yep fair enough but . is it really worth a cert for a 400cc increase on a VAN motor.
It's not a performance motor & I don't even think the factory ever did bring out a performance version of the Y series motors.

Other options are to get a reco head/ reco the std motor/ replacement 2Y motor (probably harder to find now then the 3Y or 4Y) & still not be much better if any better

mrfxit, May 13, 8:00am
But he IS correct, something you could have considered 1st

mr40cal, May 13, 8:00am
no john not that, just from your usual unhelpful woffling on

mr40cal, May 13, 8:02am
not really fussed there brother the guy is a waffling idiot

johnf_456, May 13, 8:07am
Mate stop the attacks, you seem to do it very often and its not appreciated. What help have you provided other than picking on people to target.

mr40cal, May 13, 8:07am
I just get sick and tired of reading a post and johnf_456 is arguing about trivial shit - more often than not it is of no help to the question asker - I wonder wtf he is on here for if all he does is waffle on his useless crap - they guy is a f**king retard, lurking around like a homeless man naked in a trench coat waiting to flash some poor old lady

johnf_456, May 13, 8:10am
Because if you read the thread mrfxt suggested changing the engine which of course involves looking into cert issues. So yes it is part of the discussion, to make sure its done right and by the book.

smilie13, May 13, 8:17am
I thought this thread was over something quite good and contstructive. Im no expert when it comes to cars but I would check all hose clamps - basic thing like this can cause alot of headaches

mrfxit, May 13, 8:19am
If it was a simple case of leaking water, then yea good suggestion. BUT this thing is forcing water out/overheating badly & seen this done that with this series of motor before
Nice try but no cigar

smilie13, May 13, 8:22am
I don't know much about them - blown headgasket, boiling water everywhere, kinda makes sense, umm something not sealing like it should

antz91, May 13, 8:24am
Dang thread got hijacked.SORT IT OUT YOUR PETTY DIFFERENCES SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Anywho.I would probably agree with the head since you've tried all other possibilities (i think).

smilie13, May 13, 8:25am
no water, umm over heat,, ummm cook gasket and head,,ummm perhaps an new motor! coming from a computer geek

I hope I have helped :-) a new motor by christmas is the go! good luck

mr40cal, May 13, 8:26am
yes dad

johnf_456, May 13, 8:27am
Sorry OP but mr40cal seems to be a bit of stalker of following me in threads just to have a go. Defiantly get a TK test done.

antz91, May 13, 8:28am
That's better.now eat your greens or so help me.

smilie13, May 13, 8:28am
good on you mrfxit, good sound knowledge here

mugenb20b, May 13, 8:31am
It takes less than an hour to remove the head from a 2Y motor. Why bother complicating things! Like I said, take the van to a garage and ask them to do a TK head check to ELIMINATE or CONFIRM problems associated with a head gasket.

mrfxit, May 13, 8:32am
Me geek too ;-)
&
Mechanic
Engine conditioner
Engine re-builder
Farmer
Vehicle wrecker
Service station 2ic
Stainless dairy products builder (from raw start to finished product)
etc etc etc etc

& a few others

johnf_456, May 13, 8:33am
Jack of all trades

smilie13, May 13, 8:35am
stainless dairy products builder.umm ok. my father is a stainless steel sheet fabricator. work with stainless too. making air cond units for buildings and fat vats for local takeaway shops etc. do you still work with stainless now!

mr40cal, May 13, 8:35am
really cuz - oh well

mr40cal, May 13, 8:37am
better to be jack than john aye