Mazda bongo. diesel.

christina181, May 11, 11:50pm
hey guys. i have a 94 2 litre turbo diesel mazda bongo. has cracked its head. where is the best place to purchase one from!and how much am i looking at!

tia

intrade, May 12, 12:00am
is the van still ok otherwise! because if its not then you waste your time on a heap of crap like this. you also have to fix the problem as to why it cracked its head like new radiator new waterpump all new hoses . for example adding up the $ big and fast. also how well it was cooked myght have rooted the turbocharger also with oil baked solide inside the charger. thats a list of things to check and tick off if it needs replacing or not befor you even bother with a new head.

321mat, May 12, 12:02am
1, the van is not the best you could have, BUT having said that, the motors are not too hard to find at wreckers and car dismantlers.

Do NOT try to repair the head - once a diesel engine has serious problems, it will ALWAYS be faulty.

Easier - and CHEAPER - to just replace to engine.

christina181, May 12, 12:10am
x1
as soon as temp was noticed coming up it was shut off.yes i have radiator and pipes and a water pump, just looking for a head now. the old mans a diesel mechanic by trade but has given it up as his knees are both shot and his back.
so i wont be on my own. just after a place to get a head from and how much im looking at.

mrcat1, May 12, 5:31am
Do NOT try to repair the head - once a diesel engine has serious problems, it will ALWAYS be faulty.

Easier - and CHEAPER - to just replace to engine.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish, CAT truck engines get their heads changed after so many k's for ReMan units as proventitive maintanence. So with what your sayingis that a $50k engine is then faulty once it has had it's head changed.

franc123, May 12, 5:35am
321mat wrote:
1, the van is not the best you could have, BUT having said that, the motors are not too hard to find at wreckers and car dismantlers.

Hehe 15 years ago maybe second hand motors for those were easy to come by, now there are very few and even fewer useable ones you could just plonk in,Even good petrol engines are getting hard to get for the older Bongo/Econovan style vehicles, most of them have been cooked because of years of abuse and overloading and everybody finds checking water/oil, and periodic antifreeze and radiator flushes too much trouble.

robbos1, May 13, 10:37am
Actually. i remember seeing a weird half super charger/ half turbo set up on them.
RF & R2 motors are some of the worst diesels out.

ml6989, Feb 15, 12:49am
Intrade, you have failed! Is there not an additive that you can put in the engine to fix it and give it a new lease of life!