Toyota Prius. Yes or no?

Page 3 / 3
dvince, May 7, 6:43am
Get a BMW M3
www.thenewspaper.com/news/24/2445.asp

The point is, its all about "how you drive".

gunhand, May 7, 6:45am
I have a mate who owns a petrol station, he owned a supercharged VX, to thirsty it was. I drove an old vn V8 calais and trying real hard never got below 10ltr per 100, I also drove my mates BA coon for 9 months (licence loss) mostly on trips and you had to work so hard to keep at 10ltr per 100 it was distracting. Yes occasionaly it would flash 8 but on a downward slope or at a slower speed than 100kph. And taking off in a normal fashion gets about 18 per 100 till you get in the groove. Going up hills and having to give it a we bit made go into the twentys. And as for round town use, well certainly wasnt 6.9. And I towed trailers with large road bikes on it and that really makes it suck fuel.
So you can see why Imdoubter.

for_an_angel, May 7, 7:02am
Funny how it gets matched up to a Corolla even tho it has the power and room of a 2.4l Camry. The I-Tech model has all the top range features of a Lexus. Radar cruise, rain sens wipers, pre crash, cornering head lights,hell the dam thing will park it's self with out a driver then theres a solar panel in the roof but hay lets compare it to a Corolla for price range. it's not just the trans and battery your paying for here. And as for servicing cost it's no different to a corolla. It's the same engine and the trans only needs servicing every 90000kms and uses the same fluid as a Landcruiser, Prado, Hilux, Camry or Aurion.

wrong2, May 7, 7:04am
dont think so dude

not the V8

wrong2, May 7, 7:09am
not really

electric cars are not "good" for the environment. they are going to be a disaster once they get old - & the earth cannot replace all the petrol cars with electric ones . the planet simply doesnt have enough needed materials

they are "feel good" exercises for moral credibility that allows business to carry on

gypsypom, May 7, 7:12am
Well put Berg, Huge carbon foot print in production and disposal of all the nasties in those batteries, there are a lot of petrol cars that have better economy than a horrid looking Prius

bigfatmat1, May 7, 7:19am
incorrect fully reclyable and repairable. nikel mining footprint agian is a fact of 2003 not today

for_an_angel, May 7, 7:27am
Whats really funny is when there is a battery fault everyone thinks the whole battery needs replacing. theres a great waist of money.and it's only the first gen I have seen faulty cells in not the ones released NZ.The battery pack is 500v made up from 1.5v cells each one can be removed and replaced individually. they are just a dry cell battery like you could buy at jaycar. each cell is only 25mm wide by 100mm long roughly.

fordcrzy, May 7, 7:43am
buy yourself a nice little euro diesel instead and that way everyone who sees you won't think your an "owner operator."

primemeat, May 7, 8:43am
We have a 2010 Camry Hybrid and have done 55,000ks.The battery is only charged when coasting and braking. We get 6.5 liter/100 on the open road and way less when driving in town. Is a good car(not the best looking tho). Just wish it had a rear window wiper!.

by_hdt, May 7, 11:50pm
Its not a V8, Its a Supercharged V6, and again the trip computer is 100% accurate.

morrisman1, May 7, 11:57pm
The Tiida gets less than that! And its a 1.8 auto in a medium sized car

primemeat, May 8, 5:54am
How many kw's is it!. The Camry is 140.

morrisman1, Jan 27, 2:03pm
97kw but going off your method a turbo falcon has better consumption per kw on the open road.