Wgtn bikeshop-crap service-crap workmanship

Page 1 / 2
trogedon, May 3, 1:37am
Not good. Did you run it before putting it back on the ute (truck!!) the second time!

jason18, May 3, 1:37am
Gutting aye when they provide crap service. I bend over backwards for my customers for this very reasonpeople talk and you lose business!

ginga4lyfe, May 3, 1:38am
I would have challanged the bill too, should take a half hour MAX to replace the gear lever, and to miss crap in the carb being a cause of crappy running, thats just poor, i wouldnt accept a bill of over 400 bucks from them for that ( unless the gear lever cost alot of money )

321mat, May 3, 2:01am
I think I even know who this dealer is, thats how bad they are.

Bike dealers are not the worst.Subaru and Hyundai cars dealers are THE worst, by a long margin.

crzyhrse, May 3, 3:19am
So you don't think $950 for changing a lever and to 'get it running properly' isn't excessive and you wouldn't have expected them to clean out the fuel system on a single banger for that! What do you think they did that could possibly come close to justifying their charges if not that!

richard198, May 3, 3:59am
For that sort of money you could do a course and fix it yourself!

franko171, May 3, 4:22am
just love to here i could have fixed it myself but no time make time or dont bitch

ct9a, May 3, 4:24am
they must have put new piston,ring,sparkplug,oil,filt-
ers etc for that price
but failed to drain tank and pull carb apart which takes approx hour max including re-assembly!

yeahm8, May 3, 4:39am
Give consumer Affairs a call, they may help, is the bill itemised!.

I took my car into a Transmission Service to have a stage 3 shift kit put in the trans and give it a good going over, went to get it, got charged just under $1000 for the install then took it for a test drive when I picked it up and it felt like nothing had changed in the shifting and they said everything had been done and should be right.
I asked for the box that the kit was in and when I opened it the kit was still in the box, what happened was the guy told his lacky to install it but all he did was an oil change as he wasn't sure what to do and at that point the owner admitted that the so called mechanic was just outta school and was hired to do small jobs and assist but then he wanted a further $400 to do the job again as it's his time I was taking up as he had to rectify the problem.I went to Consumer Affairs and they sorted it without having to pay anything further.

crzyhrse, May 3, 5:41am
I hope you've learned your lesson well. If you don't have time to do it yourself, wait until you do.

gunhand, May 3, 6:06am
$950! FU%K Me. What was on the bill! IE breakdown of it.I had aservice done on the Busa including 3x fuel filters cleaned, some wireing sorted a front wheel bearing done and general work over and cost bout $400. Bike run way way better to.

crzyhrse, May 3, 6:32am
I'm guessing top shelf booze and hookers!

ola_bitchola1, May 3, 6:34am
i thought you may be talking of another bike shop one that my mate took his bike to get a service to and it came back running bike a bag of shit and it was running like a dream when he took it in and they took it back twice after that even charging him for plugs that should have been in the service oh and jerry

take it next time to boyle kawasaki in newtown allways top blokes and good work and wont cost you the earth

richard198, May 3, 7:11am
Sometimes we have to hand it over to the "experts".
We should all be thankful for this heads up about Motorad.

peril787b1, May 3, 7:29am
So BigJerry, what was on the bill for your $950! Sureley it was more than just a gear lever! 2nd question, any reason you didn't take your Kwaka to the Kawasaki dealer (Boyle)!

sr2, May 3, 9:59am
Agreed; we need a little more information here, on some bikes replacing the gear leaver shaft requires the cases to be split.

singing1, May 3, 11:19am
Which shop are you talking about Jerry!

irenew, May 3, 10:26pm
Hey, you complain about someone else??

321mat, May 3, 11:40pm
Surprise surprise surprise.

trogedon, May 4, 12:28am
Maybe they had as much trouble understanding you as we do.

crzyhrse, May 4, 4:04am
If it's anything like most of the other ones it'll be:
"You horrid customer. How dare you question our integrity and skills! We'll do whatever the hell we like for the money and you just get to pay and pray! We don't care that you gave us clear instructions on what you wanted done and the reason why. Now, empty your pockets!"

trogedon, May 4, 5:37am
Good mechanics should start from the simplest / cheapest job to get the vehicle going right. I think that would??

thelms, May 4, 7:17am
-1 They were told it was sitting for 2 years all they have to do is undo fuel cap and smell fuel if they had doubts of old fuel still in the tank, it is also their job to ask questions and confirm exactely what the requirement is, dude was ripped end of story!

thelms, May 4, 7:23am
Alot of mechanics have trouble looking at the obvious problem and jump the gun,before you know it you have a rebuilt engine,$2500owing on the credit card andthe problem all along was a blocked $15 fuel filter! True story

franc123, May 4, 8:02am
The obvious problem is usually the whinging owner thats standing in front of you who hasn't bothered to maintain their vehicle for years, including fuel filters. You can make recommendations all you like when doing basic servicing but people don't want to spend the money on "extras", they all think you are just trying to rip them off by ramping the bill up.Nothing gets done until the thing stops and then what do you do! call on us because the job wasn't done properly!Same with these gumboots that get on here and moan they've bought a lemon because it needed brake pads and rotors, spark plugs and a cambelt change.Its called SERVICING and replacing parts that wear out with time, it all costs money.But OH NO this make and model is crap, all car manufacturers and dealers are ripoffs, and motor vehicles should go forever with nothing done to them exept petrol tipped in the back and lord there will be a whingefest if it doesn't!