Wof question. Can you get your warrant early and get it for slightly longer ie if i have 3 weeks left on my wof can i get a new

Page 2 / 2
jason18, May 1, 9:56pm
Hey mate since no one has answered correctly it is 10 working days and 2 weekends

jason18, May 1, 9:57pm
or 14 days. or 12 working days + 2 sundays if wof man decides to open on saturday

nave12, May 1, 11:46pm
You are all wrong it is 14 days and 14 nights = 28 divided by two = your answer ;p

johnf_456, May 2, 12:33am
This thread sure is funny

royale1, May 2, 1:05am
not you

matthew111, May 2, 1:11am
Ive been told 28 days early.

therafter1, May 2, 1:14am
Wind up, or you have been told wrong . lol

therafter1, May 2, 1:15am
But then again, you can present it 28 days prior to expiry . but you will still only get 14 days.

johnf_456, May 2, 2:29am
Utter rubbish, 28 days is for a re check. 14 max to transfer giving you six and a half months for a wof. But you can get a wof at anytime it just will not extend the remaining time if over 14.

therafter1, May 2, 2:53am
If you submit the vehicle 14 days before the expiry date of your current WOF you are not getting a six and a half month WOF. Your new WOF is dated from the current WOF expiry date which still has 14 days to run, if it wasn't dated from the current expiry date you would be being shafted for 14 days on your previous WOF yes !

johnf_456, May 2, 3:14am
Yes from date of existing wof expiry, thats what I mean I guess I did not spell it out clear. So if you wof expires on say the 16th and you go on the tenth you will get a new wof of six month six days it will not be six only. No need to quote what I said already.

Because if you do it over 14 your existing wof date means stuff all. So say you do it after five months, the new one will not be seven months from date of inspection.

So yea I am right six month 14 days from date of inspection.

jason18, May 2, 3:27am
14 DAYS

johnf_456, May 2, 3:30am
2 weeks

tarshao, May 2, 5:01am
x1
but how many minutes!

digger80, May 2, 6:05am
COF, is 28 days,I'm not counting mins,hours or seconds, seems a piontless waste of time and effort to me.

danni_2254, May 2, 10:54am
1,209,600,000,000,000 nanoseconds.

wsam1, May 2, 10:58am
If a car fails a warrant, do you only get the one free re check! or are they obliged to check it for free as many times as you bring it back within that 28 days!

crzyhrse, May 2, 10:30pm
Theoretically as many as you like, but the inspector might not be so happy if he's not just a salary sap like at VTNZ so you wouldn't want to go back there again lest some serious defects be found.

wsam1, May 2, 11:03pm
Surface rust! Shouldn't have failed the first time I think. They quoted me $450 to repair! So I took it home, sanded it back so it wasn't flaking (Took less than 5 minutes) It is on the rear passenger pillar.

I am just worried that they will fail it again because they can. So I am going to take it back sanded done, as it is and if it fails again I will bring it home, bog it and paint it. Seriously the patch of rust is about 3cm long by 1.5cm. And the est of the car is almost immaculate!
The last guy to checked it past it, and I have definitely had worse rust pass a warrant!

321mat, May 2, 11:43pm
Bubblegum.

You can technically get a WOF the instant you get a WOF - which is, in effect, 5 months and 30 days early, BUT, the WOF will still be only valid for 6 months, rather than 6 months and 2 weeks.However, if you get a WOF 2 weeks prior to the expiry of your current WOF, then, technically speaking, it will be valid for 6 months and 2 weeks, UNLESS you take it to VTNZ or a WOF issuer who isn't too bright with numbers, then it will only be valid for 6 months.

Uh, wait a sec, there is a nasty little peice of fineprint here.if you take your beloved car to VTNZ, those unskilled indians WILL find fault somewhere, even if they have to make a fault themselves, and your WOF will be a failed WOF.
And, if you doubt me, go and get a WOF at VTNZ, and (assuming it's passed) drfive your car around and take it through AGAIN - I guarantee they will fail it.

morrisman1, May 3, 5:16am
(((4/3).(2.049778952))^2) / sin (sqrt(1039.718199)) days