4wd advice, what 1 to get ?

roblochon, May 2, 4:05am
we are after a 4wd nothing older than 3 years, good economy, reliable, capable of towing, and surdy on rough roads, not to may gizzmos, and gadgets, what ya think is the best out there! cheers

ralphdog1, May 2, 5:09am
Budget!
How many seats!
What do you want to tow!
How heavy is the towed thing!
How many k's a year do you do!
What do you mean by "rough roads"!
Answer all those 6 questions and you might get some useful advice

mugenb20b, May 2, 5:37am
4wd vehicles won't have good fuel economies, especially if you're towing things. If it's going to be less than 3 years old, you have no choice, it will have gagdets and gizzmos and they can all handle sturdy roads, hence why they are 4wds to start with.

nathan84, May 2, 5:44am
Prado

flybye_in_a_rx7, May 2, 8:52am
new hiluxs aparently do 8.3L per 100km(or something like that) but anyway thats good, thats economical.

flybye_in_a_rx7, May 2, 8:54am
their all pretty good looking the latest ones. any should do. i've been in a hilux, its quite bumpy, the rangers are nice to ride in. havent been in navara but their apparently nice to ride in. i'd get a hilux if i had the money atm

snowballs4, May 2, 8:54am
i had a 95 hilux brought it for 16k 5 years ago, sold it the start of this year got 13k cheep to run so handy to have

nathan84, May 2, 9:10am
new hiluxs are shit they cut pistons in half and you have to do injector seals every 30000ms get a ranger

roblochon, May 2, 9:53am
ralphdog1,the answers to your questions
up to 30k
4 seats
small caravan/
trailer with 1/2 ton
we do up to 20Kkms
and we live on 7km of corrugated road that climbs 300m

jezz43, May 2, 9:55am
under 30k and under 3 years old! sounds like you will have to shop at great wall motors

newtec1, May 2, 10:10am
Anyone with experience of landrovers discovery diesel 4x4,transmission etc,i thought they had a good reputation offroad

kwaka5, Jan 6, 5:40pm
So why do you need to buy a 4wd then. Are you actually going to go somewhere where yuo will need actual 4wd or just maybe 4wd. Maybe it would be better to look just for a large sedan or station wagon in 2wd. Al least it will be way more economical to own,drive and maintain han a 4wd.