Chery Cars are here now.

Page 2 / 3
foxdonut, Apr 14, 7:02am
Nikes aren't made in China huh!

Well, thanks for your input earlier, but I think we can assume you have nothing relevant to add from here on in.

foxdonut, Apr 14, 7:11am
Those shoes were probably made within one district of each other, shit, they might have even been made in the same factory by the same people.

By that reasoning, Toyota and Honda are just charging you three times more for a car because they're Toyota or a Honda! Not because they spend more than 50 dollars on an airbag!

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/oct/19/chinese-seller-facing-fake-airbags-charges/

foxdonut, Apr 14, 7:12am
Have you spent 3 years studying commercial fashion!

gunhand, Apr 14, 7:22am
Well what I was getting at was. you indicated everything from the warehouse is shit and so willChinese cars. I think 7 years and counting for a cheap pair of gym shoes is bloody good going. So maybe the cars wont be that bad.
China for sure is well known for making crap and on the other hand when they wantto some of the best product out there.

drog, Apr 14, 8:28am
Speak for yourself.

carstauranga001, Apr 14, 7:45pm
So you have no idea what you are talking about then, just verbal diarrhea!

intrade, Apr 14, 7:53pm
6.7 liter fuel per 100k is way to high at todays petrol prices for a new car.

kcf, Apr 14, 8:10pm
I wonder if they will do what Lada's used to do . didn't they depreciate like they were on fire and being driven off a cliff.That'd suck if you bought one, and then after two years (or whatever factory warranty duration might be) it was unsellable.

ct9a, Apr 14, 8:41pm
i rate these on par with some other vehicles out there
the great wall has suprised me

my self would choose one of these over any aussie vehicle

mapman, Apr 26, 7:30am
Great Wall has surprised a lot of people, but not me. Ateco Automotive NZ Ltd are the importers. They must be newbies to the industry, importing cars like Chery one would think. You would be wrong, they also import Great Wall, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Citroen, Ferrari, Maserati and Abarth. So why would they look at Great Wall and Chery! Why wouldn??

foxdonut, Apr 26, 9:56am
The difference between the on the side writing and web work I do for one man shops vs importing cars into the country is a pretty loose connection, but you obviously want to make a personal dig about something. This suits me just fine, it gives me the opportunity to mention that the work I do doesn't cost much but comes with the added benefit that unlike Chinese cars it won't kill you, your family, your friends or the countries economy when it crumples like a paper cup after falling apart three weeks after you brought it during a trip across town.

I also rely on transparency in my dealings. My CMS's are open source efforts that someone else made and I give full credit for them. I do my own writing instead of CP'ing other work and changing a few words - instead of just stealing everyone else's IP and calling it my own like your mates at Chery did to Daewoo/GM not too long ago.

Whatever, you fools want to drive souless junk then so be it, its not my problem (until you crash into me after your wonderful Chinese cars and their spectacular triangle tires and 20 dollar airbags fail because China doens't give a shit about Quality Control and neither does Mr Average New Zealand.)

mapman, Apr 26, 10:15pm
You know, part of writing foxdonut is making sure you do some homework so that you can quote facts. That way you are not found wanting. With your rant on Chinese cars or in fact anything from China, showcases you as either a fool or uneducated on the subject. I know you wont except what I just said about you, so how about I just showcase you a little bit more.

Part 1: Chinese Quality& showcasing why foxdonut thinks like this.

When Chinese students or holiday makers first land in NZ and go shopping, they go into a state of confusion. The problem is they see our retail stores full of cheep cloths and products that only the poorest people would buy back home. They look upon us westerns as wise wealthy people and then see us dressed in their poor mans cloths. When they buy batteries for their Cameras, they buy the best, we buy the cheapest. When we go to Chinese Restaurants we buy the cheep meals that can be made in ten minutes that doesn't cost much. Here is some advice, go to a Chinese Restaurant were Chinese eat, it will cost twice as much, take double the time to prepare and taste twice as good. Chinese manufactures are driven money and are simply supplying the demand. You can??

mapman, Apr 26, 10:16pm
Part 2: The Chinese Auto Industry.

How would it be possible for the Chinese to pass on cheep and dangerous cars at low low low prices today, Globally. Impossible, it can not be done. There are high standards to pass in Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa and North & South America so who??

crzyhrse, Apr 26, 10:24pm
I wouldn't touch them. They won't be durable. If there's a shortcut to making something that will cosmetically appear identical, the chinese will find it even if it sacrifices quality and in the long run damages the brand.

Out of interest, where do the vehicles come from that NCAP use to test! Are they supplied by the manufacturer or are they sourced from the shop floor! I ask because I wouldn't trust the chinese to supply the same thing to each. Rarely in my professional dealings with chinese manufacturers have samples and production goods been the same.

intrade, Apr 26, 10:26pm
i looked at them they are real fuel innefcient for what they are.and are costing to much its not value for money them holdon berina dont cost much more and use less fuel that you soon make up at the price of petrol these days.

mapman, Apr 26, 11:04pm
I would imagine the cars are not interfered with by the manufacture and would be showroom cars for all models. Not sure though.

Chinese manufactures are shadey at times and in similar industries that is their downfall. I import some products from the States at four times the cost of the Chinese equivalent because of dodgy practices and materials. They just can??

ntalke, Apr 26, 11:17pm
Get ready for the influx

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/exclusive-australias-next-chinese-brand-20110421-1dpfd.html

Time will tell for the real world reliability of Chinese vehicles,alot of lessons were learned from the Japanese invasion of the 70's

Still think they will have problems with the usaul Chinese problems (broken bolts/castings,bearings and rust)

mapman, Apr 26, 11:45pm
Interesting, FAW are already well established and have plenty of backing. If they want Haima to entre the Aussie market in two years, that??

crzyhrse, Apr 27, 1:22am
In exactly which universe do re-branded Korean designed and built cars become Australian!

foxdonut, Apr 27, 1:39am
This is the same infallible government that arrests religo's for not using government sanctioned places of worship, restricts Internet content nationally, threatens neighbors and trading partners to resolve in numerous piracy disputes, arrests people for blogging, won't agree to any international environmental safety policies, artificially devalues its currency against world averages, shoots university students and bombs a bunch of monks who just want to live on a mountain someplace!

With such a great record I can't possibly imagine why I doubted the Chinese auto industry.

mapman, Apr 27, 1:54am
At least we got to the bottom of your problem. You want to boycott Chinese goods fine, no problem, it doesn't mean everything that comes out of there is substandard.

vtecintegra, Apr 27, 1:59am
It doesn't mean its up to standard either.

Sure high quality stuff comes out of China but it is almost always closely overseen by a foreign parent.This is why a genuine iPhone is a very different thing to a Chinese knock off.

As for cars I don't see why you'd buy one until some type of internationally recognised crash test has been performed - they shouldn't even be allowed on the market until thats sorted out

crzyhrse, Apr 27, 2:00am
A winky would have conveyed that really easily. It's just that with the number of idiots that post here, one can never know whether they're actually serious.

vtecintegra, Apr 27, 2:01am
FYI The initial design of the Kalos was done in the UK.It was finished off in South Korean though

foxdonut, Apr 27, 2:02am
Yeah, you got me. Well done.

By your own admission there are problems with stuff coming out of China, reading your posts would indicate it isn't just one or two little issues that can be easily resolved either but its laughable that you'd hold cars in any other regard - unless of course you have an invested interest in the subject, which seems likely.

Anyway, retards want to buy Chinese junk and drive it on the road, I can't stop them, but I recommend they go buy Chinese pharmaceuticals and (god help them) Chinese food as well; two other industries that are squeaky clean and without reproach. Might as well cheap it out as much as possible, who cares about the long term right!