Mazda Titan runs but wont accelerate

stuart, Apr 25, 4:35am
Idling rough and wont throttle up.
Last weekend it did this and I sat on the throttle for a little bit and finally some blue smoke came out out and it cleared itself.
Replaced the fuel filter and bled it to the injector pump.
Doing same again.
Wondering if it is something else - theres some sort of solenoid on the injector pump controlling the fuel return! and theres another fuel line low pressure going to each injector.!
This truck doesnt have a mechanical fuel pump before the injector pump and theres a strange inline white plastic scrubber like sediment filter by the fuel tank - whats up with that!
Any insight would be appreciated.

dent, Apr 25, 4:53am
just check for a plastic gauze in the injector pump. Remove the pipe union that holds the main fuel line to the pump and check for the gauze and clean if dirty.

stuart, Apr 25, 4:58am
thanks for your reply, I took the bolt out it s quite long and goes thru a double piped banjo union.no filter visible.

petermcg, Apr 25, 7:29am
What you need to do is bleed the top of the filter to make sure you have all the air out, but also be aware of a blocked fuel strainer in the tank.

stuart, Apr 25, 7:43am
Maybe Im rough but I actually blew with compressed air back to the tank.heard it gurgling.
I have a number of diesel machines but this mazda has me baffled.
For one theres no fuel pump between tank and injector pump!

intrade, Apr 25, 7:48am
usually diesel have the fuelpump inside the injector pump. take a picture of pump and that white filter. also does it have a timing belt!
Also the new diesel screws over the injectorpump you should use chemte ch diesel additive or similar to avoid pump damage or even pump seezing up.
year of truck engine number etc all helps otherwise we myght aswell ask the cristal ball. new commonrail work different to old diesel.

intrade, Apr 25, 7:53am
and theres another fuel line low pressure going to each injector.!= your question

my assumption on this is you talk about the return lines from the injector the extra diesel not used by injectors flows back from there on older diesel type engines.

stuart, Apr 25, 8:51am
Make Mazda
Model Titan Wglad
VIN 7A8C1000805123902
Chassis WGLAD-123902
Engine number SL 193822

Will take a photo of injector pump etx asap.just charging flash camera.thanks

intrade, Apr 26, 6:53am
on picpost 11 whats that screw doing in there! is that suposed to seal off or what! remove it and see if it goes thru as that wont seal like that and would let air in if it was to seal. also pump the top and see if it gets hard . if it wont get hard then you got a busted bleeder pump seal . the seal gets rooted from the new diesel just like all other rubber seals on diesel pump.

intrade, Apr 26, 6:56am
remove also the inlet bung on the injector pump and see if it has a filter type thing on there that could also be blocked if its not you can use a gas torch and heat the copper rings red hot and shock em under cold water to soften befor you refit the bung. also pump should be full with diesel inspect with torch thru the inlet bung. inlet is the hose from filter to injector pump.

intrade, Apr 26, 7:01am
x1
the green thing on injector pump is the only thing that cuts fuel as per your post 1 its the only controll thing its either on or off and whe its off it wont start at all.

stuart, Apr 26, 7:18am
The screw in the top! that top is the pump anmd I puimped it thru having backed off the banjo bolt and got diesel at that joint.

stuart, Apr 27, 2:58am
Thanks to all for your advice.
Turned out to be airleak bleeder bolt filter/pump housing.
Really though still bit of a mystery because this filter housing was bypassed originally when i first had a problem.so I guess time may tell if it plays up again.

petermcg, Dec 17, 3:16pm
Another thing I was going to mention, was we had a similar problem here with a diesel and it turned out to be a plastic bag full of white powder in the tank, blocking of the strainer.