Full service cost $180

Page 1 / 2
v8sronman, Apr 19, 3:07am
Should that cover parts as well or anyone know if this is normal to charge additional costs for parts !

jasongroves, Apr 19, 3:10am
What does the full service consist of!

shaun16, Apr 19, 3:10am
well what does a full service get you! i paid $180 just to have my auto "serviced"

v8sronman, Apr 19, 3:32am
Motor not the trans and they reckon just the labour, additional costs are spark plugs, oil filter, air filter etc.
I took my car in for a full warranty service and then they said the bill was $370.00 inc gst.I just about fell over and said that the sign outside said "Full service $180"no i have to try come up with another $190.That does not say that additional costs are incurred.How much does your full service cost normally !

elect70, Apr 19, 4:09am
But does the sign stipulated that, if not pay the $180 & point out consumer law against false advertising . Like used to say "oil & filter change$150 " but charged for theoil & filter& commerce commision fined the company.

tigra, Apr 19, 4:14am
Also they cannot add GST on afterwards if they have quoted a price. The IRD rules that if a price is quoted it is considered to be GST inclusive unless otherwise stated.

ladatrouble, Apr 19, 4:17am
I used to charge $200 for a service 10 years ago - but we did a lot more in a service than they do these days.

dr.doolittle, Apr 19, 4:20am
Ive seen lots of adds that offer"Full service" with a massage for much less.

rjgmjs, Apr 19, 4:32am
My cheeky garage charged me $3.00 to dispose of used oil filter, and $3.50 to dispose of the used engine oil, at my ute's last service a month ago.Total bill was $260.00 for a full service including new filters, oil and for topping up the windscreen cleaner bottle. Its a 2.5 deisel

howie69, Apr 19, 5:12am
Have you tried them out to see what is involved!

shotgunkid, Apr 19, 9:21am
I know where you can get a full service for $80 and only takes 30 minutes. she's an import though.

pandai, Apr 19, 9:29am
$180 is acceptable.

quickbuck, Apr 19, 9:30am
Not cheeky at all.
They have to pay somebody to come and collect the waste oil, and the contaminated filter. Just passing the cost on to you (Or, to look at another way, being transparent in their pricing).
260 Sounds very reasonable tp me, in this day in age.

Try pricing out a motorcycle service these days.

shark574, Apr 19, 9:40am
Our local agent charges $10 miscellaneous fee on every service. I asked what it was for. Rags, handcleaner etc was the answer.No probs I said. As I operate a trucking company and do deliveries for them, I started adding $10 miscellaneious charge to each delivery. They soon queried invoice. I said itwas to cover rags and truck wash to clean truck. They soon agreed to stop charging me for rags. Should be included in hourlly rate I believe,

twink19, Apr 19, 10:19am
we get paid for our old oil filters and it costs nothing to have the waste oil removed

scuba, Apr 19, 10:24am
just curious , what do they do with them

40wav, Apr 19, 10:29am
Hehe, Noice. Should be more of this.

falcon15, Apr 19, 10:29am
we have to pay to get our oil and filters removed from my workshop. The scrap metal dealers wont take filters anymore but thats in wellington

richardmayes, Apr 19, 7:21pm
Went to the optometrists' to get my glasses fixed at the weekend, the screw that clamps the RH lens into the frame had dropped out. The girl said "it's $10 for a screw."

$180 for a garage to spend an hour or two going over your car seems about right.

mcscottwgtn, Apr 19, 8:36pm
Sounds cheap.
Toyota has averaged $240pa, and the Porsche $1,035pa to service at the franchise dealers. Less than $200 sounds good.

mecanix, Apr 19, 9:39pm
if its plus parts then it should clearly state that in any form of advertising otherwise its misleading and bloody wrong.

on principal alone i would be ringing the comerce comision. thats against the law.

bigmacnfries, Apr 19, 9:55pm
So whats the difference whether you pay for it as a Misc Charge or Hourly rate, you're still paying for it.

crzyhrse, Apr 19, 11:44pm
Are you sure they wouldn't already know the cost of any parts needed right off the top of their head!

richardmayes, Apr 20, 1:47am
If the service was always going to involve new engine oil and filter, IMHO an advertised price such as "$180 for a full service yeah boi!"should include those items.

If they discover that your brake pads are down near the limit or your air cleaner element is irredeemably poked, they *should* call you and give you a heads-up before replacing anything like that and adding costs on.

What were the parts and how much extra were they!

crab2, Apr 20, 1:52am
richardmayes wrote:

The girl said "it's $10 for a screw."

LMAO that's rude