Hamilton V8s. Going to be fantastic and to see holden kick some ass cant wait to get there

Page 2 / 3
elect70, Apr 16, 11:03pm
what do they do at Barthurstlots of properties affected , do they pay them all compo , I know that in an emergency they will provide a chopper FOC& can get vehicle outbefore & after days racing . It seems the kiwi way to put your hand out for evrything you can get .

pieman33h, Apr 17, 12:33am
i leave my truck in a yard directly adjacent to the track, and have had no problems with access to and from the yard, even on friday of the racing, not sure about all the traffic disruption, especially as i deleivered one of the marquees, to site, one week before at 4 o clock in the afternoon and had no traffic problems at all! perhaps your problem is not the traffic but you unfamiliarity with the city and how to get around it.

johnf_456, Apr 17, 12:42am
Nope I know hamilton well

davedog, Apr 17, 8:19am
I live in Hamilton and for work travel around the CBD/Frankton. I didn't find the roads a hassle at all and the closures were well managed and organised. I even popped out from work on Friday from the Hamilton CBD for lunch inside the track area (Frankton) - and drove. no hassle at all.

As for the moaner about his house being on the track. Firstly - He isn't on the track, he is in one of the endpoints. Secondly - They offered him access and carpark through a gate and he refused. Thirdly - He wanted $7500 compo for four days (no wonder the previous promoter went broke).

I think it should be against the law to object to something just for "pay offs" - it shouldn't be allowed under the RMA!

iginoi, Apr 17, 8:27am
Or any day for that matter. Missing an exit on one off the roundabouts causes a huge disconvenience. Also it'll be another week of disconvenience as well while they unmantle the track.

iginoi, Apr 17, 8:28am
8 1/2 hours ago

rsr72, Apr 17, 9:16am
Well, that race certainly shook the Aussies out of their V8 racing complacency.

sr2, Apr 17, 9:25am
If you don't like V8's why are you posting on a motoring forum, maybe a move to general could be a good idea.

johnf_456, Apr 17, 9:32am
I didn't say mate I don't personally like them I just said "not everyone likes them". Am I not allowed an input / allowed to have a say of what the public in Hamilton here think. Once again stop the attacks I am tired of your put downs and please read before posting(especially when it was a generic statement of what the general atmosphere is of real locals) Am I not allowed to speak on there behalf! Of what they say when you walk down the road! To me it seems everytime you see a comment of mine you accidentally mis read it or deliberately on the pure basis of digging attacks. Which in this case you are wrong.

All I'm saying is not everyone likes the v8's down here to spell it out and in my experience driving around it has added a lot of time to delivery while off my job in auckland with a work place injury. Then sometimes the boys have had to walk a bit carrying heavy loads because the road is closed.

So I kindly ask that you withdraw this comment, don't get me wrong I do like the v8's but the general public in hamilton do not to spell it out in the part of town I'm staying at. But I guess since i mention real world side affects it makes me anti for being honest.

easygoer, Apr 17, 9:42am
While I agree that the man should not be fobbed off I believe an adequate offer was made to give him total access to his property, I think he is annoyed because there was no cash offer which he had been given in the past which was over the top as far as compensation goes, if his property was completely locked within the circuit I think he would have a point but the reality is that he can freely walk along the footpath from his house past 3 empty sections and he is on Willoughby Street which isn't part of the circuit

davedog, Apr 17, 9:45am
Absolutely - and anyone that wonders why the previous promotor hit the wall (that's a bad racing pun I know) - these sorts of deals are probably an indication.

johnf_456, Apr 17, 9:47am
Yeah but the reality is with any street circuit vs a real track its always going to be the way sorting out issues with locals who are frustrated.

easygoer, Apr 17, 9:50am
There is a difference between frustration and greed, some of these people expect too much

johnf_456, Apr 17, 9:55am
Very true, its just the way the world goes today.

franc123, Apr 17, 9:55am
Its all Dejavu, anyone remember the Wellington street races/Nissan Mobil 500!The Kiwi whinging nimby who cares nothing for cars and noise and claims to be grossly inconvenienced by this WILL win in the end.the councils and organisers involved will give up fighting with them eventually ,it isn't going to matter how much money this event brings into Hamilton.

easygoer, Apr 17, 10:05am
Agree, unfortunately I feel the damage has been done with the negativity and when the contract period is over the event will leave our city before any real profits can be realised, perhaps the greedy ones will be the only winners in the end

elect70, Apr 17, 11:03pm
Not likely in near future as the aussie crowd took it over direct . worse case it would go to Hampton downs , which would be ok .

mokaubach, Apr 18, 6:35am
The event should be shifted to Hampton Downes ASAP. Street circuits are crap and the money wasted setting them up each year would be better spent on permanent infrastructure at HD.

davedog, Apr 18, 7:15am
It won't ever go to Hampton Downs in the current format - It is a "Street Race" - That's a significant part of the deal of it being here.

demons, Apr 18, 7:26am
+1 off you go

mokaubach, Apr 18, 7:42am
LOL, you sound like that Dickhead Simon McNamara from HRT last year gobbing off about what Holden was going to do to Ford in the Championship and look what happened LOL.

sr2, Apr 18, 8:07am
Careful mate, he'll be stalking you as well!

cowboy110, Apr 18, 8:18am
Wow, early days yet.1 Ford win from a round won't send the motor racing world into a spin.Although maybe in your world it will.

johnf_456, Apr 18, 8:24am
Why do you feel the need for making stalking like comments, all I have done is ask you personally to stop. Jokes over stop flogging a dead house, which is why I have asked you personally in the first place. If anyone is stalking its you. Since you start it personally to begin with since you seem to dislike all my posts and target them. I don't want to be enemy's all I ask is to stop attacking me specifically, funny how other comments get ignored but if it has my name next to it you go off you tree with the dear john blah blah storys. So mate give it a rest, there is much better things to do and more positive things to contribute to the community than specifically going off at me. Also what is the flow rate of that compressor your selling I am in the market for a new one.

demons, Apr 18, 8:23pm
yeah well i know just sick of his opinion on everything.on a good note the v8s were ferking orsome got given a ticket for sunday was the best thing ive done this year, could here them from home on sat and was getting pissed with tv3 fing it for the v8 fans. was on turn 3 the sweeper where all the crashes were . i now will be going next year to all three day