Hamilton V8s. Going to be fantastic and to see holden kick some ass cant wait to get there

Page 3 / 3
ct9a, Apr 18, 8:40pm
can the same be said for everything else to others!

well i bit the bullet and went what a waste of $$$ yawn muchly over rated was weird watching such large vehicles race threw hamilton

i think the pit lane entry speed was to high for these vehicles,better lighting for brake spots is needed when raining obviously,and larger curbing perhaps!

noswalg, Apr 19, 5:12am

mokaubach, Apr 19, 6:42am
Like I said earlier, street circuits are crap for V8SC's, they need open tracks, all this nonsence about COTF (Car Of The Future) , which will ultimately ruin the sport IMO, is based on reducing the cost for teams and sponsors to run the cars. Street circuits destroy cars (wet or dry), just as they did last weekend. I for one won't be sad to see it shift from Hamilton, as long as its to a proper track. Its ridiculous for a country like NZ with minimal tracks, to pour money into temporary street circuits, lets get some permanent tracks established properly and well resourced first. Lets stop wasting money.

cocabowla, Apr 19, 10:13am
tv3 have pulled the pin on any more live broadcasts apart from bathurst, look forward to saturday races being shown on sundays and sunday races in the late night insomniac spot

ct9a, Apr 19, 9:01pm
why dont they use hampton downs!

racetoy, Apr 19, 10:11pm
well personaly i think hamilton may lose the v8s.why.!.i think the mayor just doesnt like car racing .but i hear she likes cycling. so they will probably waste more taxpayers money on that new cycling venue.As for tv3 it was hardly worth watching anyway with all those bloody adds

davedog, Apr 19, 11:26pm
Because the deal strictly specifies that it MUST be a streetrace.

davedog, Apr 19, 11:29pm
I think that you'll find the reasons are more like:
We've spent a truckload, and made nothing in return. Simply put - the audience numbers aren't high enough to pay the overheads.
Serial wingers are going to ruin the event over time (like the dick who complained about the gate) and wanted the $7500 payout to be happy. (Those payouts are also part of the problem why it won't make money I suspect)

As for the Velodrome - If the Council puts money into that, I'd be surprised - We can't afford that either!

I'll be really disappointed if the V8s were to be canned, but I'm realistic about the prospects.

mokaubach, Apr 20, 6:37am
Well then, Cochrane & Co need to stop whinging about the cost of V8SC racing because street racing costs everyone more. Funny how it was OK to race on a circuit when the round was at Pukekohe!. Its a no brainer, take the event to a race circuit and everyone wins. Leave it on the street and its a fizzer.

elect70, Apr 20, 7:09am
Put on HD & I will be back for whole weekend . HD do extra events tooso could still haveevening entertainment . If Ham Council pull out HD will host it

mokaubach, Apr 20, 7:13am
Imagine what Hampton Downs would be like with even and extra $2 or $3 million a year invested into it instead of being blown into thin air every year!.

mokaubach, Apr 20, 7:16am
Dead right, look at how successful the Bruce McLaren meet was!. I went to Hamilton once, saw 100m of track,I swore I'd never go back and I've been to half a dozen different V8SC venues. Hampton Downes will be like Puke was at its peak, without a doubt.

mokaubach, Apr 20, 5:55pm
At least FORD wins the number 1 on their cars Cowboy, Holden buys them.

kcf, Nov 22, 3:10pm
A street race brings in better $ for the promoters (on average), which is why they run them.The *huge* events like Bathurst are the obvious exception to the rule.