Caldina question

musikcrazee, Apr 19, 1:16am
Hi, im after some advise. We have a ST191 corona 3sfe and are thinking of buying a 1997 Caldina G 4wd. Does this model also have a 3sfe! is it full time 4wd! how much more expensive will it be to run this car compared to the corona!

anything i should be looking out for! cheers

phard, Apr 19, 1:50am
Hi yes full time 4wd. do you want / need the 4wd if so don't get it stay 2wd much cheaper to run.

lk104, Apr 19, 2:08am
Yes it comes out also with a 3SFE.

musikcrazee, Apr 19, 3:24am
thanks for your input guys, would like to get the 2wd version but there is a tidy 4wd that ticks all the boxes. Have just been looking at Toyota Caribs - are they basically a smaller caldina! looking at a 1600 4AGE but once again mostly in 4wd

bigfatmat1, Apr 19, 3:29am
I have a caldina 2wd 3sfe and a carib 4wd manual with a 4afe the carib does use more gas than the caldina but also revs a lot higher on the open road. The clutch needs doing on the carib I am dreading doing the job. As 4wd driveline probs seem so much more expensive to fix

vtecintegra, Apr 19, 3:39am
The Carib is a Corolla wagon (just like the Caldina is a Corona).The 4wd Carib didn't come with the 4age only the fwd (and they're fairly expensive)

andy61, Apr 19, 6:06am
How much are you looking at spending on a car!-check out the Corolla Fielder Wagon,way more economcial than a Carib,I have a Fielder 1.8Sthat replaced a Carib,the Fielder is a far better car than the Carib in many ways.

musikcrazee, Apr 19, 7:26am
only want to spend up to 5k on a wagon no bigger than 2litre

ryanm2, Apr 19, 7:44am
have you looked at Primera wagons! or are you set on overpriced, high km, low spec Toyota's!

musikcrazee, Apr 19, 8:05am
im open to suggestions of course. I like the look of the M6 primera wagons but need an auto and have heard to stay away from the CVT transmissions