1995 Mazda Lantis - whats it worth?

vast, Apr 15, 8:38pm
Hi
I have a lantis hatch, been round the clock twice (200K), running well, and over the few years Ive had it, Ive replaced and repaired loads, it has minor panel damage on the bumpers and paint isnt in perfect condition.
I live in the city now and barely use it once a week, so not really any point keeping it - think its costing me more paying rego/warrants then what I actually need a car for!
Its just passed its last warrent but the CV joints will need replacing in the next 6 months (depending on use). So its more cost effective for me to get rid of it then keep pouring money into it when I hardly use it. Its got 17" Mags and I put new low profile tyres on it last year, so even those have been barely used with my once a week driving!
So Im just wondering what anyone would pay for it! Even if I was to sell it to someone for parts. Is there anywhere I can take it to sell it for parts!

johnf_456, Apr 15, 9:20pm
Have a look on here at what similar ones go for.

shaun16, Apr 15, 10:04pm
sisters girlfriend has one, nice looking car but problem after problem.

vast, Apr 15, 10:22pm
Most of the issues Ive had have been age/usage related, cam/fan belts etc need replacing on all cars once they get to a certain milage. Otherwise Ive not had unnecessary issues with my lantis.
I just dont think it makes sense for me to continue pay to keep a car parked on the street! I walk everywhere now!

Im more interested if people would buy such a car for parts - as I know there are a few around, and if so what they would pay for it!

shaun16, Apr 15, 10:26pm
better to sell with warrant and rego. not sure what it would be worth but i would say at least $1500 even with needing cv joints done

pr1ncesswst, Apr 15, 11:10pm
I had a 94 lantis, only had 134,000 on the clock though. Never had a problem with it, only cost me the usual maintenance tyres etc. Paid $4,000 for it had it 4 years traded it and got $3,500. Thought that was a mint deal.

sd8888, Apr 15, 11:14pm
i have a 1994 mazda lantis 250k cost me $850 and it's manual. Such a good wee run about car :)

shaun16, Apr 15, 11:15pm
you obviously traded onto an expensive car that the dealer could give you a good trade in price

richms, Nov 15, 7:52am
Yup, or they marked it up and traded for such a high amount to reduce deposit needed on the finance.